Speeding idiot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speeding idiot

On the news last night: a biker got arrested by the local Highway Patrol, he was clocked doing 225 mph!, on what else, a rice rocket, wearing no helmet or any protective gear! The HP's helicopter first saw him below on the intrestate and could not catch up with him, they radioed ahead to have several cars and ambulace ready.
    That idiot made the news and gave all of us good decent riders a bad rep. He was asked by the news gall why he was going so fast, he replied "I like to live dangerously, and my bike is the best tool for that"
    Great.
    Carpe Diem!
    1980 XS850G
    1973 CT70

I saw the other story in the lounge about the guy doing 205 mph in Minnesota, this one is a different guy, here in Florida. I bet he heard about the Minnestoa guy and decided he'd try faster...
    Carpe Diem!
    1980 XS850G
    1973 CT70

Comment

OK, so what are they riding? A Hyabusa with a blower and a smaller rear sprocket? I don't think those Superbike racers can go much faster than 200, and what do they cost, $1 million?
      Marty in NW PA
      Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
      Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
      This IS my happy face.

Comment

Wait till I put my go cart together. Planning on fabricating a double tubular frame. A clutched two sproket rear axle for two and four wheal drive and Yup you guessed it. A motorcyle engine. I just havn't figured out what kind of motor yet. Yamaha 1100 or kawi 300 or honda 650. I could get crazy and go with a Hayabusa
        S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
        1-big XS patch
        1-small XS/XJ patch
        1-XS/XJ owners pin.
        1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
        2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
        1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
        1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

All I heard was the first one was a honda 1000. A turboed nitroused fireblade?

Comment

If it was the new one... probbably just a bit de-restricted and a scorpion exhaust (akrapoviè... used to be my neighbour LOL).
            There's a ZX12-R around here some guys tuned for those speeds... so it can be done.
            A friend has a 79 Z900 he used to race, went over 300 kmh. Then the class was cancelled and he made it street legal, for a while. Then decided it was a bit too dangerous for "normal" street use, parked it for a few years.
            Found a FJ1200 on the net, that the fella tuned a bit. Turbo, nitro, air shifter etc... went fast, almost too fast to believe.

LP
            If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
            (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...205_mph_ticket

it was an RC51, theres quite the buzz on the net about this one. so far alot of tuners are crying foul because the method of clocking used.

KJ Shover
              '80LG "Frankencycle"

Comment

Sounds like an easy win in court for the biker.

Comment

Found on another forum:

All right, I was the one who got the ticket and it is time to clear some things up. For one, I was riding a 2003 Honda RC51, "heavily modified" with 2 Brothers slip on pipes and, well thats all the mods I have unless you count the "I stop for wh***s" sticker. Next, the bike wasn't impounded, it was towed so it wouldn't be in the roadway. Ok, on to the tickets. 205...uh no. I am personal friends with the owner of "Hitman Motorsports" and tonight, Sept. 22, we did a top speed run on his dyno, in 6th gear, and maxed nearly 60mph slower than I was arrested for. The "no motorcycle endorsement" is because my licence was expired, I do have a motorcycle endoresement for all you people digging into me about that. The stop watch method may be accurate at times, but this is un-conceivable for my motorcycle to approach 205. Honda's RC211v, which is Honda's MotoGP race bike, 5 cyclinders and 268 horespower, just broke 200mph on the track within the last week. And we are talking about a 1/2 to 3/4 million dollar bike. And for you gear-heads, I had on Joe Rocket Boots, Shoei helmet, Leather gloves, Ballistic coat, and leather bottoms. Also, both of us were arrested, and no, the slower one did not get a warning, he was ticketed for 111mph on a F4i. I hope this clears things up for everybody, I am just sick of everyone saying things about what they dont know, making me look like this horrific person. People speed, and if anyone knows anything about the "Flood Run" (which was the ride I was on, which by the way benefits the Gillettes Children Fund) I would be a hell of a lot more concerned about the 7,000 bar-hopping motorcyclist out on the road. 99% of the people you hear things from are misinformed. If you have questions, I will answer them. And one last note, this is information you don't know, the pilot who clocked me, was clocking me, the F4i, and flying his plane at 110mph all at the same time. Think about that for a second.

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/sho...7&page=5&pp=15

-Pain
                  I've been in more than one Hemisphere, and I wrote a book to help you do it too (or just prepare better for that week long road trip). Going Small, not just for the little guys.

Comment

If that is the guy, that IS a more realistic account of the story.
                    Marty in NW PA
                    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                    This IS my happy face.

Comment

Working...
                    X