78 E Original seat NOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 78 E Original seat NOS

Wow, I was in Katy TX today and stopped in Hurst Yamaha & Marine ( http://www.hurstyamahamarine.com/ ) and I found what I think is probably the one and only original seat w/ pan left in this country or maybe the world. To bad they wanted over $325.00 for it or it would have been mine. Doesn't have the chrome grab at back of seat or the stud and nuts to mount. They said it did not come with the seat anyway. Also had NOS Left side headlight, horn switch I don't know how much.
    If somebody is doing a full restore and has the budget these items are perfect.
    There's always a way, figure it out.
    78XS11E

found this on their site

XS-1100 ENGINE PARTS COMPLETE CRANK BEARING SET(78-81) NEW IN BOX-$216.00 CARBURETOR FITS 78-79-$265.97 CDI UNIT-(FITS 78-80)-$574.99 TACHOMETER W/FUEL GAUGE(ALL XS1100) $259.00
    There's always a way, figure it out.
    78XS11E

Comment

I just got a NOS 78 seat off Ebay. Been on the dealers shelf for a quarter-century. Paid $111.00 for it. Was in perfect shape but tail housing cracked during shipping. Sent the tail back and dealer plastic welded it. I have to paint it blue to match the bike anyway (seat side rails too).
      Pat Kelly
      <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
      1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
      2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
      1999 Suburban (The Ship)
      1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
      1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

I won a NOS seat from ebay last year
        pain 120.00 for it
        complete with grab bar, tail piece and mounting bolts
        it was a take off at the dealer
        sat on a shelf for 26 years
        http://home.securespeed.us/~xswilly/
        78E main ride, since birth the "good"
        78E Parts, the "bad" fixing up now
        78E Parts the "ugly" maybe next year
        79F Parts
        80G Parts
        75 DT 400B enduro

Comment

I have a stock seat of a 79 in excellent shape that i dont need. I think it has a small crack in the cover. Still has grab bar back fiberglass and stud bolts. Id let it go if any one is interested.

Comment

Working...
          X