Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBS (Multiple Bike Syndrome)

Hi To All,
    After 25 years, I've added a second bike to my stable. For the last 25 years, I've riden my 1979 XS1100 Special,affectionately known as "The Black" !
    "The Black" tells me she needs a rebuild, so I've added a 1990 Suzuki 1100 Katana. The Katana's also known as the "Big Kat"
    (which just happens to be black !!!!)

Just in time to take it to Such,GA for the Classic Japanese Motorcycle Rally !!

My good friend Gary, is going to be pleased that he's not going to have to wait as much for me !!!!!
    Bruce Gerken
    '79 XS1100SF
    "The Black"
    '2009 BMW k1300GT'
    The Red Sled.
    St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Bruce,

Are you going to keep it all black, or is restoration in order? I'm trying to remember what small part of it wasn't black.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

Where and when is this rally? My brother lives in Atlanta and rides a '72 Honda 350 Twin. He might just enjoy it!

'82 XJ1100J-John
      '78 XS1100E-Name Forthcoming (It's a Girl!)

Comment

Hi Marty,
        But of course I'm keeping it "black" !!

I'm going to customize it, replace all the bearings, build me a fresh motor, powder coat the frame, and "The Black" will remain black, but all new !!!!!
        Bruce Gerken
        '79 XS1100SF
        "The Black"
        '2009 BMW k1300GT'
        The Red Sled.
        St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

Hey Jon,
          Information for the rally can be found under the "Rallies" heading at the bottom of the page, follow the link
          "Southeast", then follow "2004 Classic Yamaha Rally in Suches, GA" link for more information.

Hope this helps, there are other links posted within some of the messages there, follow any of them for additional info.

Have a great day !!
          Bruce Gerken
          '79 XS1100SF
          "The Black"
          '2009 BMW k1300GT'
          The Red Sled.

Comment

Working...
          X