I got a Freeee Beeee !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a Freeee Beeee !!!!!

I figured I'd share this with you all. I was at a house on a trouble call for work. I saw a bike missing a tank and carbs and asked the guy, "What are ya doin with the little shooter? Restorin it? " He said "No, It's goin to the dump, why, ya want it ?" I asked him how much, he said get it out of here. Before he had a chance to change his mind, I went home and got my pick-up and went and got it. He signed the title over so I guess the price was right. It's a 1981 Kawi KZ305A1. Guess what SWMBO will be riding next year. Nothing seized up, brakes work, Looks like it'll clean up nice.
    I guess I've now gotta update my profile and add another one to the stable.
    S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
    1-big XS patch
    1-small XS/XJ patch
    1-XS/XJ owners pin.
    1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
    2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
    1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
    1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Lucky dog! Good luck with that great find.

Comment

Last winter, I was working for a guy in exchange for a motorcycle...same model as the one you got your hands on. '81 Kawasaki KZ 305 CSR or something.

I just got it running good when my buddy who helped me a little to get it working took it for a "short" ride. He crashed it.

There wasn't really much harm done to the bike, tank dented a bit, and the rear grab bar was bent, but it frustrated me.

Anyway, it didn't turn out too bad, because I ended up selling it to him, and got an XS11 instead!

Want to buy one for parts? The friend of mine hasn't even picked it up from the guy I worked for.

I'll take some pictures if it so pleases you...just let me know.

Kevin
      '81 XS11H Venturer - holed up in storage while life happened since 07/08/04
      '81 Kawasaki KE175 enduro - 63 mph of smokey fun, now with collector plates!

Comment

Kawasakis 305 engine

If it's anything like the mid '80's European model Gpz305 engine - look out for a written off top end. Engine was famous for valve and head problems

Here's the bike I'm familiar with.......

XS1.1 sport - Sold June 2005 :-(
        Guzzi 850
        Z1000

Comment

Nah, I wish it were that sporty. Here is a picture of one I found in google:

I hope their image works...
          '81 XS11H Venturer - holed up in storage while life happened since 07/08/04
          '81 Kawasaki KE175 enduro - 63 mph of smokey fun, now with collector plates!

Comment

Hmm... looks like an EX500 engine would fit..... but check first.
            (the ones from GPz 500S, EN500, ER-5, KLE)

LP
            If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
            (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Engine swap

Come on Strom..

Where's your ambition...we could get an XS11 lump in there surely...pass me a hacksaw!!!

XS1.1 sport - Sold June 2005 :-(
              Guzzi 850
              Z1000

Comment

Sure! Heck, I put a GS 550 4-cylinder in a Yamaha Timberwolf quad that came with a 250 single. Three more cylinders and better than twice the displacement! You can have a lot of fun with a welder, a grinder, and a torch! The amazing thing is how little I had to do to fit it in.
                John
                82 XJ1100J
                "eXJunk"

Comment

CRSXi90, The freebee looks like the pic you posted. Minus the fuel tank and carbs.
                  S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
                  1-big XS patch
                  1-small XS/XJ patch
                  1-XS/XJ owners pin.
                  1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
                  2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
                  1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
                  1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X