broken seat bolt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broken seat bolt.

Hey there guys, I was taking the seat off this morning, and I broke the bolt that holds the seat in place. I had the rachet on the wrong setting, and I was tightening instead of loosening! Oops.

Anyone out there have an old seat with the bolt and nut on the bottom that they can sell me, or lend it to me for about 15 years?

Thanks,

Travis

P.S. I don't need the seat, just the bolt and nut.
    Travis Miller
    1978 E

i broke mine off as well. too much elbow grease in my case.

i just went down to the local ace hardware and put a regular bolt in there. not as nice to take on & off but it works.

Comment

works ok?
      Travis Miller
      1978 E

Comment

I broke one off this winter and finally got around to doing something about last week. I got a bolt from the hardware store and took a rectangle of soft steel to fit the guide on the seat. Drilled a hole to recieve the bolt and welded them together. Works good as new.
        1980 XS 1100 Standard
        1980 XS 1100 Special
        1982 XJ 1100
        1972 Honda CB 350

Comment

You could use jb weld on the deal too if you don't have 2000 degrees handy.

FutZ

Comment

replacement seat bolt

Hi Travis,
            if you can salvage the special long nut from the busted tail of the seat bolt that will make seat removal easier. A normal bolt may need some kinda shoe under it's head to stop it turning?
            Fred Hill, S'toon.
            Fred Hill, S'toon
            XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

yea, my dad does alot of machine work. He is in the process of drilling out the nut for me. I am going to re-use that. I am going to use a new nut.

Travis
              Travis Miller
              1978 E

Comment

Working...
              X