Nightmare bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightmare bike

Well, we've got a thread about dream bikes, so let's start one about our worst nightmare bike. Mine was a 72 Yamaha TX750. I bought it in 78 in San Diego while I was in the Navy. It needed a seal around the shifter shaft, and it poured oil out from there. It took a local indy shop a few months to locate one and install it. It developed other leaks after that, but I said screw it, and just kept pouring oil in it. A got a lot of use out of it, but I had to give it away when I got transferred to Brunswick Maine. I tried to sell it, but nobody was interested. A close second was a 77 KZ 1000. Went like stink, but rode, and handled like a rock. Had to do a lot of electrical repair before I could ride it.

For me it would have to be the Kaw 750 triple I made the mistake of owning several years ago. Yeah it was quick, once you got past 3k. Below that it couldn't hardly get out of it's own way. And it could pass anything but a gas station. Had to have the worst gas milage of any bike I've ever owned. Fouled plugs, two-sroke stink, and that "ring-ding-ding"! I hate two-stroke bikes!
    John
    82 XJ1100J
    "eXJunk"

Comment

MZ 250 ETZ and Kawa GPz 600R
      Miss both of em....
      And XS Eleven.... sometimes.

LP
      If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
      (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

1984 Kawa GPz 750 Turbo. F.I. and turbo'ed right from the factory 20 years ago. The power was... think "off" and "liquefy" on a blender. Needed front rotors. $400. each. I miss it sometimes, but then I sober up. LOL
        2010 Kawasaki Z1000
        1979 SF: Millennium Falcon, until this Saturday

Comment

A 1976 Hondamatic 750...
          My dad and I got this bike from a friend of his. We rebuilt it just for fun and good practice for me. I rode it for a little while, but had nothing but trouble with it. Carbs never worked right. Shifter (so called automatic) was always slipping ect. We repainted it, and when we mixed the paint it came out this funny mauveish pink color (unintentional of course). So I called it the "Pink Dreadnaught"

It was a smooth bike though when it was running right.

ahhh, memories.
          [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
          [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
          The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

Funny, I owned two of those 750 Hondamatics, and I really liked 'em both. Wouldn't mind having another someday...
            John
            82 XJ1100J
            "eXJunk"

Comment

Working...
            X