Do your neighbours hate you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do your neighbours hate you?

Since I have had my carb problems and now trying to get the damn bike to idle my friendly neighbours have turned into cursing animals, they have even erected a temporary fence so they don't have to stare at me in my driveway working on my bike.

Boy do I feel alone in my area ...
    They love me
    64.10%
    Some of them get annoyed
    25.64%
    The majority dislike the noise
    7.69%
    They are starting a pool to buy you a new house
    2.56%

That's why I'm really glad I live out in the country. My closest neighbor is my aunt who lives about a quarter mile away from me. It's nothing for me to be working in my shop until 2 in the morning on something. As long as I don't wake up my wife, I'm golden!
    John
    82 XJ1100J
    "eXJunk"

Comment

I check with them and ask if my bike is too loud and apologise for starting it so early everyday (I leave home at 5 am). None have complained yet.
      Pat Kelly
      <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
      1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
      2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
      1999 Suburban (The Ship)
      1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
      1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

I get more complaints about my dumb barking dogs than my bike noise. My dogs do seem to bark more when I pull up on the bike. Hope my neighbors don't put the two together.
        Jason K.
        '80 XS1100G
        '80 XS850LG
        '96 FZR600

Comment

So far no complaints. My neighbor is a Harley rider. The best part is when I take out the bike to test it. A lot of the kids around here have dirt bikes and scooters. One lap around the neighborhood on my bike and all the dirt bikes and scooters come out of hiding. My neighborhood turns into a parade of two wheelers.
          "There are old bikers, and there are bold bikers, but there are no old bold bikers."

Comment

trailer

i live in a mobil home park,and i talk Very nice to my neighbors,seems to go a long way,as i've had no complaints YET. That may change though,poppa just installed the kerker no baffle yesturday!Man i love that barking sound . By the way thanx Unkle spot ,and Dee
            1982 XJ 1100
            going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
            now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

Talk about a co-incidents, The other night a buddy came over with a case of beer, All the dogs were outside, We got the XS650 fired up, Sraight unbaffled potato pipes at 1:00 am got the dogs barkin, tunes blastin, motor runnin. Boy I got the nasty looks from both neibors, I figured it would only piss off one neibor being as the other one does the race car thing and unloads his car at 1:00-2:00 am. Guess I was wrong. O-Well Nothin like hearin a motor thats been dead for many years roar to life in the wee hours of the mornin.
              S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
              1-big XS patch
              1-small XS/XJ patch
              1-XS/XJ owners pin.
              1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
              2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
              1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
              1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Been runnin up and down the street with all sorts of bikes.... MZ, Guzzi, Kawasaki and Yamaha.
                One of them politely complained, three moved away, the rest ignore me. Except one... my granny....

LP
                If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
                (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Firing up the Aprilia with dual 'race only' shotgun exhaust at 5:15am every morning probably has them mad at me ...., but I haven't heard any complains yet.
                  Gary Granger
                  Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
                  2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

So far, so good. But then again, I still have the factory exhaust on mine!
                    '79 XS11F Standard

Comment

Deafening silence

Dunno about my neighbours. Just moved into a "nice" area and the local rebel WAS my nextdoor neighbour who has an Audi A4 and a plastic bike with matching Power Rangers suit. (Some rebel eh?)

Our moving van turned up followed by the XS11 / T3 Guzzi / a dead Kwak KZ1000 out the back of the van with my wifes Yam 600 (she was pregnant at the time so couldn't ride over).

Curtains twitched and no one has really spoken to us since.

Guess I'm now the rebel.................hmmm still not too rebellious....best get some open pipes
                      XS1.1 sport - Sold June 2005 :-(
                      Guzzi 850
                      Z1000

Comment

well until i get my new 4-1 system all put together, i am running with no muffler. so right now i would have to say they and everyone within 3 blocks hates me.

Comment

neighbors

my neighbors are pretty cool. wife is captain of neighborhood watch. neighbors across the street have 3 hotrods they are constantly tinkering with. 2nd oldest son has mustang with headers. been here 4 yrs and no complaints. wife doesn't like it when i'm in garage tinkering around after 10:00pm. i'm sure if someone was offended we would here about it at watch meetings
                          when you want something bad enough, don't let anything stand in your way, and don't take "no" for an answer. EVER

graybird78
                          80 sg (old faithfull)

Comment

My neighbors are cool.The guy to my west side is never home, and the house across from him is empty. The guy across the street from me is just getting home from work when I leave (5:30 am) and the folks to my east side have said they don't hear me. Their bedroom is in the back of the house. The bike starts and runs so good when it's cold, that I don't even need to use the choke. It will bust right off as soon as I touch the starter button, in 1/2 a revolution of the engine, and my pipes are fairly quiet. I only need to warm it up a few seconds, and I'm off. I accelerate slowly away, and nobody hears me.

Comment

Neighbors

On one side the neighbor owns a dirt bike. On the other side the guy has seen how much fun I have been having has just completed the M/C training course so he will soon have a bike to.
                              Great local. Biker neighbors AND out in the country with no bylaws etc. Love it. My wife says; "teach a guy to ride a M/C he is happy for the day, buy him a M/C and you can get rid of the old coot every weekend,
                              Ken/Sooke
                              78E Ratbyk
                              82 FT500 "luilRat"

Comment

Working...
                              X