Do your neighbours hate you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**** em if they can't take a joke!

I think that quote comes from Bette Midler.

Comment

A couple of the guys at the end of my driveway (600 ft) are into race cars at the local drag strip. I can't make more noise than they can with the bike so I have to be content with going out and blowing off a hundred rounds or so rounds of .357 or .45 long colt around midnight when they are getting in tune. They usually get the hint. I live on a little over 8 acres with no one beside or behind and just a couple out front.
      "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
      1981 LH

Comment

I have lived in this townhouse type neighborhood for 18 years and have been sort of the 'community fix-it guy' for everyone else. When I got the XS last year it was pretty rough and they all said 'great bike' with I am sure a chuckle under their breath!
        Then I started it last fall... open 4 into 1 MAC header... no baffle.... there were more than a few raised eyebrows, but nobody dared say anything.
        This spring I ordered a replacement baffle from MAC (61.00 Cdn$ if someone needs to know) and the comments were... "wow! that sure sounds great now... did you tune it up?" LOL
        Obviously ... they had been a little PO'd before that.
        But like the above quote from Bette Midler... F'm if they can't take a joke! I earned my spot in this community and if their kids can play those 'ear-splittin-loud'n-boomer' car stereos all the damn time... then they can bloody-well learn to LOVE my bike ...hahahaha

Travel safe, Larry
        '79 Special

Comment

offer to let them use your driveway to practice their launch techniques, provided you can use them for moving target practice

Comment

Neighbors?? What neighbors? We live out in the sticks. Life is good!
            Don
            99 Valkyrie Interstate named Drakker

81 XS1100 H Peppylebleu sold and gone to a good home

81 XS1100 Midnight Special Peppyledeux sold and gone to another great home

Comment

I only have two neighbors, one to the north and one to the south. The guy to the north is an older gent and my house blocks most noise from him. My neighbor to the south rides too, so when he hears me warming the old gal up, that's his cue that I'm ready to go riding. We all live out in the sticks, so it's easy to hear me getting ready, especially with the new slash cut mufflers I put on last year.
              If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game. (borrowed from strom)
              The idea is to die young............as late as possible.
              1979 XS1100SF Special

Comment

I'm like Phyxius, out in the country. Neighbor to south is heavy duty mechanic with lots of work going on in his yard. He is 50 years old and has been watching all the fun I have with bikes. Just took the M/C training course and ordered a new V-Rod for himself.
                Neighbor to my north has dirt bikes and a sound recording studio in his house with lots of percussion music sounds drifting out in the evening. Neighbor across the street and down one bought the Ratbyk off me.
                This is M/C friendly neighborhood.
                Ken/Sooke

Comment

Working...
                X