Never Forget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never Forget

Saturday is September 11th. We all should show rememberance on this day for how our lives changed.
    I wear a red, white, and blue ribbon across my badge (I'm a security officer at a hospital) out of respect for those killed on that day and support and love for my country. I will wear this for a full week until Sept 18th. I have done so every year since the tragedy.
    One thing that has bothered me since the attacks. All the attention was given to the firefighters and police. I take nothing away from the bravery of these heroic proffessionals. It takes a special kind of person to willingly go into the face of danger. But there were so many others that deserve as much credit and mention.
    The building maintence crews that were trying to keep systems going. Secrateries that made sure other office workers were getting out. Security at stairwells that stayed the course pointing the way for those evacuating.
    Thousands of stories of bravery for each individual that was there that day for both survivors and victims.
    Pat Kelly
    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
    1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
    1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
    1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

And please, let's not forget the poor souls on board the aircraft. Where I work we have an American flag, and a list of those American Airlines employees that lost their lives, proudly displayed on the air side of the terminals, so we, and our passengers are reminded of their bravery. Not that we need to be. We feel the effect everyday.

John W.
    American Airlines mechanic
    DFW Airport

Comment

All the attention was given to the firefighters and police. I take nothing away from the bravery of these heroic proffessionals. It takes a special kind of person to willingly go into the face of danger. But there were so many others that deserve as much credit and mention.
      I agree, Pat.
      '79 XS11F Standard

Comment

Amen,

NEVER FORGET, EVER! Hitler, The Japanese empire, there have been a few who took a shot at us before and failed. These cowardly, radical Muslim terrorist worms too will fail. We gotta hang in there, people. Do not let the media confuse you into thinking that we are fighting seperate governments, we are fighting terrorists....stinking, filthy, radical muslim terrorists. We are going after them in thier evil lairs, and flushing them like the rats that they are. Without getting too political, I ask that the deaths of 9-11 are not forgotten nor will they ever be forgotten. Now is not the time to let up on this war. Don't forget what they did to us, not now, not ever.

They Call Me the Breeze

'79 SF

Comment

I think it's time to finish this. We were subjected to Muslim terrorists when we were a fledgling nation. President Jefferson sent (when Congress was in recess) a squadron of frigates and Marines to Tripoli in 1801. We sacked the place. It's time to finish 'em off!
          Marty (in Mississippi)
          XS1100SG
          XS650SK
          XS650SH
          XS650G
          XS6502F
          XS650E

Comment

SWBMO and I have our anniversary on sept. 11th... hehe.
            Can't forget it, you guys always remind me...
            BTW: you guys seen fahrenheit 911 yet? I have....

LP
            If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
            (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

I personally have not seen farenheit 911...Have you seen "Flight of the Phoenix" with Jimmy Stewart? It was also fiction, but it was written for entertainment, not propaganda... plus it was written by someone with imagination and intelligence. Anyway, happy anniversary on the 11th... That day probably means something different to each of us. I sincerely hope one of the darkest days in U.S. history will not hinder your happiness on your special day.
              They Call Me the Breeze

'79 SF

Comment

very touching

i ,won't forget 9-11,and i also try not to forget the countless other police actions that the members of our armed forces have endured to keep us safe from harms way EITHER. Have we not become a little to commercial in the last 10 years. How come the grieving widows of the vietnam war were not reembersed for THERE loved ones death? How come the women from that era were not put on tv and idolized for being captured and tortured?PLZ people 9-11 was not the only pain and suffering taken on by AMERICANS (or any other inocent people for that matter) SO LETS NOT FORGET INNOCENT PEOPLE ANYWHERE THAT HAVE SUFFERED GREATLY THROUGH TRYING TIMES. And i'm not trying to take anything away from anyone here, my heart is heavy for all GOOD people who lost they're lives by the hand of the bad people of the world.
                1982 XJ 1100
                going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
                now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

Working...
                X