No announcement yet.

America needs your help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Condolences to you and yours. Hope your father is okay.
    Here in Denmark everybody has health insurance, and it's very hard for me to understand why a rich country like USA doesn't have the same.
    All I'll say about the election is: VOTE!!!
    Gisle Vestergaard
    XS 1100 Sport

Comment

I rather enjoy not paying 70% in taxes.
      I'm not rich but I'd like to be some day. Thats why I'm back in school getting a bachlors.
      This thread doesn't belong here either. I was hoping this place above all else would be a refuge from you deluded dip****s.
      79 XS1100F "JINGUS"
      07 V-star 1100
      Do you want it done right or do you want me to do it?

Comment

I don't like paying 15-20% in taxes, but I wouldn't mind it if WE ALL paid the same %, flat rate, poor, middle class, and rediculously rich!

As for the threads presence, I was referring to political banter within Winterhawk's condolencse message for his mom.

This is the free topic forum, so feel free to start another thread if anyone wants to debate political ideals! That way every Dip***t's opinion can be voiced, right or wrong....in their mind!
        T.C.
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

True TC this is an open forumn but there are better places to have political arguments.
          Try HERE.
          If you have any doubts about the quality of our current president it has been discussed there, from true issues to the utterly rediculus theres a little something for everyone.

In case we have any Russian visitors I'd like to offer my condolances. I can't imagine what I'd do if that happened here but sure enough eventually it will. Unless we can stop them now that is.

I also agree with the flat tax, but do to the graduated tax system that would only be seen as another tax cut for the rich.
          Some day I'll be making a lot of money. I don't think I deserve to be punished for earning it though.
          79 XS1100F "JINGUS"
          07 V-star 1100

Comment

WH, I feel like I need to apologize for my comments the other day. I am truly sorry for your loss. My Mom is om a fixed (broken) income also, and she struggles every month just to keep her head above water. It seems like when ever she get a small increase in any entitlements, there is a matching, or exceeding decrease in one or more of the other assistance checks she receives. She just got a $20 month increase in her SS checks, so the State housing Dept. cut her assistance by the same amount. Every time I go to visit, I leave so angry at her plight. Again, I'm sorry for the loss of your Mom.

Comment

Originally posted by John
              [SIZE=4]SIZE]
              He's trying to do to the whole country what he did to Texas.
              Remember...Clinton only did an intern. Bush did the whole country. What were his qualifications? Four years as a pi$$ poor governor? Or was it the way he spelled his last name?

Remember in November it's A B B !!!!!
              I thought this site was about XJ and XS Yamahas.

Well, I think President Bush did a GREAT job here in Texas, the best Governor ever.

Of course he could have faked some injuries to get out of service quick, then call all vetrans "baby killers" and join the Commies, members of my family were spat upon when returning to the country thanks to a traitor named Kerry, which is probably why some people worship kerry.

I will vote for Bush, never for a tratior like Kerry.

I probably won't be back since this is a political site.

It was fun while it lasted.
              '82 XJ100 Maxim.

Comment

Bye Bye

Don't let the door wack you on the ass on the way out!
                Ken/Sooke

Comment

Just remember, this particular area of our site is the "Members Lounge" It is set aside for off topic CIVIL TONED discussions.

Politics is a very polarizing subject, especially these days. Just keep it civil please. We can agree to disagree and still be a brotherhood of bikers.

p.s.
                  My heart felt condolences to you and your family's loss Winterhawk.
                  Last edited by Wayne; 09-07-2004, 06:54 AM.
                  [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
                  [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
                  The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

Caution, long rant

I can only add one thing to this conversation. If you are happy about the way things have run for the past 4 years, then vote Republican. If I was in an income bracket of making over $200k a year and had all the tax shelters I need to keep my capital gains and was happy with a $78K average tax break while most middle incom people were getting an average $1k break, I would vote for Bush. If I had stock in defense funds and Haliburton, I would love the Bush/Cheney ticket.

If not, there are a couple of other choices. All have their cons and all have their pros. Which one do you feel the most comfortable with? Apparently most of our allies are not happy with Bush and his decisions because in reality, there is no coalition in Iraq since over 90% of the people over there in this coalition are US troups.

Do you really think that if someone other than Bush is in the Whitehouse next year that it will get better right away? Most likely not. Do you think that the military will get weaker, definetly not. I don't care as far as that stance as to whom ever is the Whitehouse in my lifetime, the military will never be as weak again.

I just love Bush's 2000 campaign speach that if asked to go to war, the military would have to say that they are not even close to be able to report. What did the Bush Administration do within the first year of bing in office to make the Military stronger? Nothing until after 9/11 happened. I have family in the military and I myself was in for a few years so I feel I have the right to talk about it.

I don't think a military record qualifies you to have office. I also don't believe I have been very impressed with the way the Kerry campain has been. I think they should not be paying attention to the "swing voters" and try not to offend them by not attacking the Bush ads.

I believe no matter who I vote for, they should be a strong figure head and be able to speak clearly and be able to get a strong message accross. In the past years I can recall, Republican Presidents have been strong in conveying a military might message while Democrats have been more towards the friendly message. I don't think Democrats should be so "friendly" and try to convey a message the way they have been. It has not been since Kennedy was in office that Democrats have really attacked the Republicans to get into office.

As for me, I am a strong independant with liberal values. I vote for who I think is the better person to hold any office. I vote Republican or Democrat, dependong on who I feel is the best candidate.

The thing I hate most are people who vote either Republican or Democrat and won't go and vote the other way out of principal. It is rediculous in my opinion to always block vote one way or another because I bunch of people feel that this person would be the best person to vote for.

I have my own conscience and will vote the way I feel is the best.

I did cast a vote for Reagan and Bush (41) for the first term and voted for Clinton for both terms. If in my opinion a smarter Republican and a less thief like vice-president was put up for office, I might be more inclined to vote that way. But there is too much conflict of interest for Cheney ($190K paid to him by Haliburton after winning no-bid contracts) and even though I think that Bush is a strong person with strong values, I don't feel he is intelligent enough to impress me. To many times he has made up his own words to add to the English language when he is not reading a prepared speech.

As far as who is the better speaker, I wish I could say it will all come out in the debates, but from what I heard, both candidates will have the questions ahead of time and have time to prepare responses. I would like a more town hall approach to debates.

Well, I think my rant is long enough to write a short story and I must cut it off here. most people probably gave up by the second paragraph.

Please don't flame me for my opinion as it is mine and as an American, I have the right to express my opinion no matter how full of it I am.

And Winterhawk, my sincere condolences for your loss. Just about a year ago I lost my Father all of a sudden when he fell asleep at night and did not wake up in the morning. There was no warning signs and I mourned the loss and not having the time to tell him a final goodbye nor tell him again that I loved him. My mother is also living on Social Security. Half of my Mom's SS goes to pay the lot rent on the mobile home she lives in. I give her money here and there when I can to help her out. She makes a few extra bucks driving others around that can not drive. She drives OK for now, but I don't know for how much longer.
                    Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

Looks like the LIBERAL MEDIA wins another one.
                      Marty (in Mississippi)
                      XS1100SG
                      XS650SK
                      XS650SH
                      XS650G
                      XS6502F
                      XS650E

Comment

Look on the bright side. If you lived in Chicago she could still VOTE FOR KERRY
                        79 XS1100F "JINGUS"
                        07 V-star 1100

Comment

Working...
                        X