Ride reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride reports

Guess it would be nice if there was a thread just for ride reports. I thaught I saw one somewhere, but anyway, here it is.....

Just to get started... during tire pressure check, a quick hot exhaust proximity lesson and a quick encounter with two friends on a gas station.
    Mine is the pretty one.

LP
    If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
    (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Hey there Strom,

There's an actual separate FORUM like Tech talk/chat but for Ride Reports:
    Ride Reports Forum

But you can post it in here as well, this is an ALL Topics allowed section! Lookin' good there Strom. I saw the picture, but where's the ride report text?! Yes, it's a shame you have to keep such "Ugly" company, but hey, it makes your bike look that much better!!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Isn't it amazing how an older bike (XS) still looks good? Even parked amongst the newer variety.
      S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
      1-big XS patch
      1-small XS/XJ patch
      1-XS/XJ owners pin.
      1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
      2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
      1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
      1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

ride report... ok... no biggie, just 100 miles or so, 2 cops, both too slow, lotsa bikes, some good coffee.

LP
        If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
        (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

I'll join in the fun.

Okay, short and to the point! Glad the officials were too slow, you don't need to waste any more $$ on non-bike expenditures!

Well, I took Godzilla out for a short 70 mile romp today, first in 3 weeks after my neck surgery. Set the petcocks, pulled the choke, and click....Vroom, fired right up! Saw a modest number of bikers out, waved at a few and received waves back! Found a nice stretch of straight 2 lane 1 way highway and having noticed the "officials" just going in the opposite direction, decided to play, rolled on in 4th up to 8k at 100mph, then slowed to cruise for about 15 miles, turned around and came back and hit the same stretch again, got it to 110mph in 5th, but the slight sidewinds made the front end feel a little uneasy and didn't want to get into any tank slapping, so backed off. But it was nice to see that I could get it up to BUG 2.0! My speedo only goes to 120, so shouldn't take much more to peg it! It's from a XS650!
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
          X