NEW midnight special owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW midnight special owner

Years ago i had a 650 midnight special after too many speeding tickets I gave it to my cousin. A couple of weeks ago I was at his mom's and found it in the garage. I as going to re-po it. The gas tank was gone so while looking on e0bay for one, i found a 1980 1100 midnight special. I always wanted one so this weekend I drove to Youngstown and bought it. I am now the PROUD owner. I brought it home today and drove it around the area a a few laps. In the next couple of days I will get it inspected and tagged. I'm the guy with the big grin headed up the highway.
    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
    1981 LH

Midnight Special

Great find oh lucky one!
    Rat

Comment

Great you'll love it and welcome to the best forum on the web for aging mechanical marvals. You think the tickets were bad on the 650 just wait. Maybe your a little older and wiser now, but if your like me, probably not. Good luck.
      There's always a way, figure it out.
      78XS11E

Comment

Got it inspected and tagged today. I managed to get a "quick" 40 miles on it this evening. I'm hoping to put a few more on in the morning. I live in MD. and were are looking at 2 to 6 inches of rain from Charlie showing up tomorrow night.
        When I took it in for the inspection the mechanic said "wow, I haven't sen one of these here for years" Told me it looked good, well cared for and prononced me ready to ride. $155 latter for title and tags and i'm on the street.
        "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

1980 LG
        1981 LH

Comment

My dream bike is a Midnight Maxim!
          Probably never own one, but a guy can always hope!!!
          John
          82 XJ1100J
          "eXJunk"

Comment

1980 xs1100LG.jpg
            I hope this link works. I got the bike inspected and tagged last week. The chrome bars by the back wheels are what the PO had the saddle bags attatched to.
            Last edited by dpotter58; 08-16-2004, 06:28 AM.

1980 LG
            1981 LH

Comment

If you are still interested in the 650 there is a very active group at http://www.micapeak.com. Tommy Pollard will have a tank for you at http://www.xs650parts.com
              Marty (in Mississippi)
              XS1100SG
              XS650SK
              XS650SH
              XS650G
              XS6502F
              XS650E

Comment

lets try this

1980 LG
                1981 LH

Comment

Very Nice

Try reducing your picture size before posting so you don't have to scroll over to read the posts.

Wish it was mine.
                  There's always a way, figure it out.
                  78XS11E

Comment

Midnight Special

dpotter58, beautiful clean looking bike. Could you not have found a more complimentary back ground then the town's sewage system? Tee Hee
                    Ken/Sooke

Comment

1, how do i reduce it?
                      2, It's only picture I had today. I'll post another with a senic view later.

1980 LG
                      1981 LH

Comment

Picture Reduction

To reduce picture size run it through a photo program like paint shop pro or similar. If you do not have a photo program but have Windows XP E-mail the picture to yourself. XP will automatically down size it. Then capture the photo from the E-mail and submit.
                        Ken/Sooke

Comment

Where in MD do you live. There are a few of us that live not too far from the beltway.

deo
                          82 XJ1100 "Resurrected"
                          Riding with the Son

Comment

Duhhhh don't know how i did not see this post before. Sorry. I live in Saint Mary's County.
                            Do you come down for the blessing of the bikes?

1980 LG
                            1981 LH

Comment

58, Download the free picture viewer Irfanview. Makes resizing pics easy.

Comment

Working...
                              X