Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to extend my appreciation for a remarkably well moderated [and well built] site. Three days ago I visited a neighbors' yard sale and noticed a little sign indicating the presence of a bike for sale in the garage.Turned out to be the exact machine I'd been looking for to replace my old '79 SF which was stolen in [of all places] San Francisco. Almost made a knee jerk spontaneous buy, but went home,googled this site first[remembering all the problems and thrills of my first one] and after two days of navigating here I'm walking over to to go get an '81 H full dress and feeling pretty good about it.Thanks!
    Anyone up for a Rocky Mountain National Park ride?
    Got a great view of it from my front yard and lots of room.
    '81H
    '77 GS750
    '80 ATC 200
    '79SF [stolen]

Cruzin the rockies

Welcome aboard. I will take you up on your invite but it might be awhile. Mabee next year or the year after. Glad to here about your recent purchase. another classic saved from the bone yard. I cruzed the rockies years ago but I'm sure things have changed. I got out of the Army at Fort Cartoon. A trip to the Royal Goarge would be cool.
    S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
    1-big XS patch
    1-small XS/XJ patch
    1-XS/XJ owners pin.
    1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
    2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
    1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
    1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Lots of great reading here. Wish I could join you for a ride through the mountains.

Comment

Hey there Tom,

Welcome and congrats on your find. The 81H's a bit different than your 79SF. I'm sure you'll discover that as you read thru the tech tips and such. Feel free to ask any questions you have about it!! But we do ask that you peruse the Tech Tips thoroughly beforehand, many topics are well covered there.

And then there are many more topics than what are shown on the first page, and doing a search can reveal those that are buried and not even amongst the ones listed in the "next" group of threads!!!

I, too, want to get up there and out west as well, just have to win that lottery first!
        T.C.
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Thanks for the replies, fellow 11'ers. [There's a semi-official clan of climbers in this area called the 14'ers who scale the peaks in the Rocky Mountains that are over 14,000 feet]. Literally submitted my first post here and walked across the street and bought the bike. Just wrapped up my first 50 miles on it after doing plugs, battery and general inspection.Haven't done the air filter yet which hopefully will correct the poor response at low RPM.[Wishful thinking. I know better.] All told , not too bad for $US 900. I'll attempt pics soon.From 10 feet away this puppy is showroom condition.
          '81H
          '77 GS750
          '80 ATC 200
          '79SF [stolen]

Comment

Working...
          X