going rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going rate

whats the going rate for a working xj1100 ignition control box?

[IMG][/IMG]
    1982 XJ 1100
    going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
    now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

About US$15.00 Have you got a PayPal ID I can send it along to...
    Ken Talbot

Comment

Hey Ken,

I think there is a fellow in England that was looking for a replacement XJ box and Chevy's looking for the "fair market" value. I'm sure Chevy recognizes a good jab/joke! Nice Try!!

Chevy, I'll tell you 2 years ago, I paid $100 bucks for a TCI and set of coils from an 81 bike(coils ended up being bad, but TCI was good), and so I considered it $ well invested in a backup box for my machine! I would think $75 would be fair!? Depends on how much $$ you want to make vs. getting that nice warm fuzzy feeling for helping out a fellow XS/XJer without feeling like you gouged the guy!?

The XJ "IS" the more complicated box, and I think there are much less of them out there than the 2H7 (78-80)series. Only 1 year of production, similar to the 81 model 4R0 series!?
      HTH, T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Busted!

Yes, in fact a box for an XS just sold on Ebay a little over a week ago for US$98. Then, a box "from a working bike" for an '81, listed with an initial bid of US$40 got no bids! Try a search of finished auctions at Ebay using the keywords 'yahaha' and 'ignitor'. That should give you a good idea....

Besides, what would I do with a unit for an XJ anyways....
        Ken Talbot

Comment

I'm not sure what you'd do with it, but I know what I'd do with it...

'82 XJ1100J-John
          '78 XS1100E-Name Forthcoming (It's a Girl!)

Comment

no gouge

I'm always looking to help out when i can. And thats my delema.If i do get rid of it i'll need it tomorrow as sure as the sun rises.Than again i keep it and mine will last forever.So go figure? Was thinking of parting it to the guy with the golf cart actualy. Hey i've been called alein before...lol. Was just curious for the most part.
            1982 XJ 1100
            going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
            now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

I know what you mean. I've got a parts XJ sitting in my barn that I've been robbing parts for "eXJunk". I've thought about selling some of the parts off of it, but I keep thinking "made only one year...". Like you, I figure that my luck would be that I'd sell the one part that I'll wind up needing some day. (And yes, it still has the igniter box!)

John
              82 XJ1100J
              "eXJunk"
              John
              82 XJ1100J
              "eXJunk"

Comment

i really need an xj1100 ignition box

well i picked up a xj1100 82 and the guy said that he could get only 2 cylenders to fire and i haVE 12 V TO TID BOX AND TO COILS but i can get any spark he has messed with it and said it needs a new box so i figue thats were to start.
                its a type TID14-10

Comment

I wouldn't assume, it could be a bad ignition coil, bad pickup coil, problem with the wiring between the pickup and the tci, or between the tci and the coils. Could be bad plugs, bad spark plug wires, bad spark plug caps...
                  1979 xs1100 Special -
                  Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
                  Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
                  My Bike:
                  [link is broken]

Comment

Before you go jumping to conclusions on a bad TCI box, HERE is an awesome source of info on the XS/XJ and the TCI box. Randy is a member here as well and host this site.

I'd check the TCI out and check coils as well before you go to crazy on replacing the TCI. I'd also try swapping wires to the coils. Alot of folks swap out coils or mess with the coils or even the pickup coils and get things put back together backwards. Bike wont fire for nothing. Swap the wires and she takes off almost first pulse of the starter depending how flooded she got.
                    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                    93 GSX600F
                    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                    81 XS1100 Special
                    81 CB750 C
                    80 CB750 C
                    78 XS750

Comment

Working...
                    X