Trailering accessory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailering accessory

At the recent Colorado rally, a record number of members trailered their bikes in. Various problems arose in trying to find ways to tie the bikes down. Russ had a neat accessory that made the job easier but the unit did not have a brand name on it.

A search of the internet turned up theses Canyon Dancer "bar cuffs." They slip over the handlebar ends and provide a place to attach a tie-down strap.

Similar items are available from other vendors:

These look to work well to solve a common problem. If anyone else has tried these - Russ thinks his are great - please let me know. I think I will be getting a set before my next trailering trip.
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Hey Jerry-

I bought two of them, and did not like them. Tried them on my Connie (due to the cast bars), and found they did not work right. Ended-up using a different strap that worked much better.
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

hi Jerry,
      I have heard that they can cause the bars to slip so some caution in not over tightening the straps..
      Phil
      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald
        Ended-up using a different strap that worked much better.
        Can you give me the brand name on the straps you found?
        Jerry Fields
        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
        '06 Concours
        My Galleries Page.
        My Blog Page.
        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
        X