Side Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side Car

I'm debating on sourcing a side car. Anybody have experience with them?
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

If Fredintoon is still around he knows practically everything there is to know. You may have to PM him ti get his attention.
    2-79 XS1100 SF
    2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
    80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
    Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Thanks Ras. I knew in my head who had it, but seeing some of the vets no-longer around, I couldn't remember his nane.

Hope all is well.
      1979 XS1100F
      2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Brent had one as well. He's still around, but maybe not on channel 11. Last seen at September VYR.
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

sidecar

I have a 78 with a Hitchhiker. Excellent bike for a sidecar. The only drawback is it has a lot of trail. If you have a standard it can be cured using parts from a special. Stock trail is 5.12". If you install a special front forks and brakes you will reduce it to 3.5. add the special top tree will make it 2.5"
          fly

Comment

Fred showed up recently in a facebook post saying he had sold his sidecar.

I too would love to find a sidecar! We are oddly similar with our yellow bikes.....
            Nathan
            KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
            K&N Filter
            #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
            OEM Exhaust
            ATK Fork Brace
            LED Dash lights
            Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
            SS Brake Lines
            Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Lol, Nate. I have a new pup that may not do well being left at home. I want him to tag along.
              1979 XS1100F

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                Lol, Nate. I have a new pup that may not do well being left at home. I want him to tag along.
                My dogs don't like being left home either, but I would not trust either of my dogs in a sidecar. Would have to put in a harness to hold mine in.
                Nathan
                KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                K&N Filter
                #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                OEM Exhaust
                ATK Fork Brace
                LED Dash lights
                Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                SS Brake Lines
                Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

The March/April issue of the Sidecarist mag has the yearly article devoted to dogs. 8 pages. they have been doing this for quite a few years now.
                  fly

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                    I love it, you have to post some pics if you get a sidecar, I'd love to see it!
                    1980 XS1100SG
                    1998 KLR 650

Comment

I ended-up getting another dog instead, to keep him company.
                      1979 XS1100F

Comment

Working...
                      X