Something finally worked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something finally worked

Finally able to log in!!! I’ll see how long it lasts .
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

It comes and goes for me.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Hi Greg, This is a test to see if I can post from my phone. First try
      Phil
      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by webbcraft2150 View Post
        Finally able to log in!!! I’ll see how long it lasts .
        Welcome back webbcraft.
        Phil
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Welcome Back Webbcraft!...Nice one Phil!
          Keep up the traffic..this site ain't gone yet..Hey Greg you.. come and go too... don't we all....LOL
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
            Hi Greg, This is a test to see if I can post from my phone. First try
            Phil
            Yup.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I am getting on also keep the flow going
              82 XJ1100J
              81 Venturer
              Newly acquired Aches N Pains collection

Comment

I've had the false neutral at 4th a few times, deliberate shifts required.

Brian
                '78 XS1100E (the newest bike I've ever owned)
                '74 CB350F1 (under restoration)
                '72 RT2 MX360 (gone but not forgotten)

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                  Yup.
                  Reassuring to know I can now post from the road at least when I have signal.

Phil
                  1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Originally posted by dbbrian View Post
                    I've had the false neutral at 4th a few times, deliberate shifts required.

Brian
                    Hey Brian:

I think your post might belong in this thread?:

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...951#post512951
                    -Mike
                    _________
                    '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
                    '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
                    '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
                    '79 XS750SF 17k miles
                    '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
                    '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
                    '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

I usually log on from the Forums page.

For the last year or two putting in the name/password and pressing Enter makes the site give an error page with a dire database situation.

The site and the error page are both full of malarkey and I'm actually logged on at that point so I just refresh the (wrong) page or use the Back button and it automagically gives me the normal page showing me logged on.

Same with my Windows Phone and Android Tablet too.

Logging off still works fine....
                      -- Scott
                      _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                      1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                      1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                      1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                      1979 XS1100F: parts
                      2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
                        I usually log on from the Forums page.

For the last year or two putting in the name/password and pressing Enter makes the site give an error page with a dire database situation.

The site and the error page are both full of malarkey and I'm actually logged on at that point so I just refresh the (wrong) page or use the Back button and it automagically gives me the normal page showing me logged on.
                        That is what works for me, as well. At first I didn't catch it, Then I saw the blue welcome box, and figured, cool, I'm in. The site's been helpful to me lately. Glad it still works. It's been around a long time, that's for sure. I tried to access XS11.org recently, to no avail. I think it's gone now. Bummer. Anyone know fer sure?

-Jon-
                        1981 XS1100LH MNS #103 ("Dark Side")
                        Yamaha "Mini Cruiser" Windscreen, K & N filters, Iridium Plugs, ATK Fork Brace, LED T.S. Conversion, Bridgestone S11 Spitfires.
                        Otherwise all original, definitely a Survivor.
                        Previous:
                        1981 XS850LH MNS (R.I.P. 1983), 1982 XJ650 SECA TURBO, 1983 XJ650 SECA TURBO
                        Cage:
                        2K2 TB

"Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak."

Comment

No matter how I try to get on I get a message " This page cannot be reached " sometimes. Can't log into a page that cannot be reached.
                          Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                            No matter how I try to get on I get a message " This page cannot be reached " sometimes. Can't log into a page that cannot be reached.
                            I have no idea why it just works with my phone/tablet (probably because I rarely use them) but for the desktop I put the internet address in the HOSTS file back when the DNS lookups were going crazy and the site couldn't be 'found'.

You have to use Notepad.exe to edit the file and it can be a pain.

Link for Windows 10 HOSTS file editing:-
                            https://www.groovypost.com/howto/edi...le-windows-10/

The HOSTS file lives in the "etc" folder at:
                            C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

My HOSTS file

Code:
                            # Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
                            #
                            # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
                            #
                            # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
                            # entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
                            # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
                            # The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
                            # space.
                            #
                            # Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
                            # lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
                            #
                            # For example:
                            #
                            #      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server
                            #       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host

# localhost

127.0.0.1	localhost

# Manual Entries

# 209.151.89.187     xs11.com (old IP)
                            # 209.151.89.187     www.xs11.com (old IP)

216.37.42.101	xs11.com
                            216.37.42.101	www.xs11.com
                            -- Scott
                            _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                            1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                            1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                            1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                            1979 XS1100F: parts
                            2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Since the site has had these log in issues..i have pretty much just stayed logged in and just close the site when i leave. It always comes back up without any issues when i click in the bookmaked site on my desktop 'puter.
                              On the occaisions where i am logged off it does take a little effort to get back on,but not too much..and i always do get back on...
                              As for TC..I know he has to be frustrated..he hasnt said so publicly or privately for that matter..but you dont have to be a genius to figure it out....
                              1980 XS650G Special-Two
                              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                              X