Retirement Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retirement Location

Well, as I am now of age to retire, I've moved to the Boise area. My "new" place has a two car garage, and 3/2 on one level. No more stairs for my wife to deal with. I don't have a cage at the moment, but I did pick up a '79S with 24K. I need to get it running as soon as I clear out the boxes that are stacked in the garage.
    My cell and email remain the same, but I'm now on mountain time. I hope to make the Colorado Rally in 2020, and maybe one or two others now that I'm a little closer to the middle of the country.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Ray,

That's great News

We've been wondering how things were going with the get out of CantAffordYa Project. Where you were was probably not the best place to retire anyways.
    Beautiful, but probably not the best place. EZ run up to Alice's Restaurant though. Guess that isn't what it once was many moons ago.
    Good to hear you are now landed in Boise area and starting to get settled.

Picked up an SF, Sweet ................. post some pics when you get a chance to start working on it.

Certainly, Ride East ........... its 2000 miles to our Southeast Rally. Stop by Colorado and pick up Joe & Bonz & Skids on the way to Stecoah. Make it an adventure.
    That would be awesome to do that.

Thanks for posting an update for us. Waiting to hear from Jerry too as to where he will be landing.

Jeff
    Last edited by JeffH; 10-24-2019, 04:48 PM.
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Good for you Ray. Takes a while to settle in to an new place. I have boxes that have not been unpacked from my last moved
      Glad to hear you have an SF to keep you busy

Phil
      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Good to hear you've got all moved and settling in Ray.
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Bike before the car.....I can relate to your priorities. Not sure how you got the wife to agree to that.

Congratulations, it should get easier and easier now that everything is in the new place?
          -Mike
          _________
          '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
          '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
          '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
          '79 XS750SF 17k miles
          '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
          '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
          '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

The last POD is now empty. The two car garage is full...Boxes, twin bed, etc. It will be about two weeks before I can get to the bikes to start work. by then, the temps will be in the 30's for a high. I may not get much seat time in until spring, but I'll try and have at least the '79 ready for the "warm" winter days.
            Ray Matteis
            KE6NHG

Comment

Congrats on retirement

I suppose you might be updating your avatar now?

Brian
              '78 XS1100E (the newest bike I've ever owned)
              '74 CB350F1 (under restoration)
              '72 RT2 MX360 (gone but not forgotten)

Comment

Boise?

California Bay Area to Idaho...

Ray, you're retiring backward, you genius you!
                -- Scott
                _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                1979 XS1100F: parts
                2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

I suppose you might be updating your avatar now?
                  I can't change it! TC set it up, so I don't have any way to change the avatar. I don't have the permissions needed.
                  Yeah, 3phase, I did it backwards! go from $3K per month to keep the house to $1K for everything! Now Penny and I can afford to travel a bit more.
                  Ray Matteis
                  KE6NHG

Comment

Moooore riiiiidinnngg! Yay!

Yeah, the cost of living is outrageous so that's a good move as long as you don't have to shave your head to get along with the locals.
                    -- Scott
                    _____

2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Star, ID is about 12 miles from the State capital building. Boise, ID has a DEMOCRAT for a mayor, so it's not that bad. If you don't want to Californicate Idaho, your good. We are getting along well with everyone here.
                      It's more middle of the road than the North part of the state.
                      Ray Matteis
                      KE6NHG

Comment

Good Move Ray

Hi Ray,,,,glad the Idaho is working well for you, Cali is losing all the good people, at least those with sound logical minds. Maybe we can get a rally out your way, it would be some new country for a lot of xssives. Roo also says hello, sounds like Scott is back on site and hanging in there, so all is well here in San DIego, except the taxes, and cost of living. So hoping your xs gets a do over and you can do some riding when the dust is settled. Ride on, Mike in San Diego
                        mike
                        1982 xj1100 maxim
                        1981 venture bagger
                        1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
                        1959 wife

Comment

I hope I can wrangle 'round and about next summer. It's beautiful and I think Star is by the Snake River where Evel Knievel tried to make his historic jump instead of the Grand Canyon.

It can get not fun to ride in a hurry. Boise was part of the last leg on my trip home on the Harley in late October and it went from sunny and warm to already snowing in some places so I chickened out at Brant and Anita's place and went south to 'Vegas and skipped The Great Wet North.
                          -- Scott
                          _____

Comment

Working...
                          X