Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairing to a 1980 G-model

Hallo all Xsives!

I´m looking for a fairing to my 1980 G. Like the one in the ad "Kepp our highways beautiful" See pictures!
    "The full dress" Both on me and my bike, is what i would like to have here in cold scandinavia.
    If anyone have one of those or know someone who have. Please let me know.

Jens

There should be a few of these laying around members garage's. If you can, try to get the fairing and the lowers, will keep you mucho warmer and looks good. Don't forget to get the brackets to mount it. Also get the wiring harness that plugs into the fairing for the lights. In a pinch, a Windjammer will fit. I am fortunate to have both. I am in the process of moving to Texas now, but I have a Windjammer III I am going to take off my 81SH and it will be up for sale. I already have a full dresser, so I am going to turn the Special into a "power cruiser".
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Thanks for your reply

I´m not sure what brand or model the fairing on The ad-picture is.
      maby you can help me with that. It has square headlights and turnsignals. The headlight is not so deep into the fairing as the 78 E model ad-picture. And the windschield is bigger on the 80 G ad. I saw on the picture on Ken Talbots 1981 and that is the fairing i want, and i mean that s the same as on the ad-pictures.
      I hope someone got one of these left.

Comment

The fairing in the picture on the 80g model was made by Vetter for Yamaha. They are no longer available but I am sure someone has one laying around. Post an ad for parts wanted here and someone will answer. Yes the headlight and turn signals were square to stay in line with the styling of the 80g.
        When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Thanks again!

I will post a parts wanted and see if i have any luck!
          The windjammer you have do you have any pictures on that?
          maby you can send one this way, so i can see. My mail is: ka.holm@telia.com
          Jens

Comment

Re: Thanks again!

Originally posted by xsjens
            I will post a parts wanted and see if i have any luck!
            The windjammer you have do you have any pictures on that?
            maby you can send one this way, so i can see. My mail is: ka.holm@telia.com
            Jens
            I have one of those but it's a bit beat up, good for parts though. I imagin the shipping wouldn't be worth the trouble.

BTW anybody have a Vetter Quicksilver they'd like to sell or trade off?

Geezer
            Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Interesting anyway

Hallo Geezer!
              This one is hard to find since it was made specially for Yamaha and kawasaki, with square headlights and so. Do you have the lowers as well?
              Is it possible for you to take a picture of what you have? And me and my friend Steve will consider if it´s good enough.
              Best regards from sweden

Jens

Comment

There is a full fairing on Ebay.com right now. Just do a search for XS1100 or XS 1100, it's a cream color, I think at $50 for now....
                Carpe Diem!
                1980 XS850G
                1973 CT70

Comment

Too high!

Thanks!
                  I have been on this one before and now its 192 USD.
                  This fairing is 1978 E model and is not similar to The fairing on the 1980 G model.

But thanks for your concern anyway, i hope i will find one before i freeze to death on the swedish highway. Yesterday it was 10 degrees celcius. They call it summer!

Comment

Re: Interesting anyway

Hallo Geezer!
                    This one is hard to find since it was made specially for Yamaha and kawasaki, with square headlights and so. Do you have the lowers as well?
                    Is it possible for you to take a picture of what you have? And me and my friend Steve will consider if it´s good enough.
                    Best regards from sweden

Jens
                    I have the lowers too. I'd let it go cheap but you don't want to know what it would cost to ship it.

I'll dig it out and take pictures later today.

Geezer

Comment

Only to Seattle

Hallo again!

I have a friend in Seattle so the shipping will only be for US domestic.
                      I work for Scandinavian Airlines so we fly to Seattle,Chicago, Washington DC and New York every day! When i visit my friend i pick up things he got for me on the US market. Then i pack the things and HIM in my trunk and he helps me fixing it back home in sweden (Only joking).
                      Mail me the pictures on: ka.holm@telia.com

Best regards

Jens

Comment

Re: Only to Seattle

Hallo again!

I have a friend in Seattle so the shipping will only be for US domestic.
                        I work for Scandinavian Airlines so we fly to Seattle,Chicago, Washington DC and New York every day! When i visit my friend i pick up things he got for me on the US market. Then i pack the things and HIM in my trunk and he helps me fixing it back home in sweden (Only joking).
                        Mail me the pictures on: ka.holm@telia.com

Best regards

Jens
                        The shipping from Portland to Seattle shouldn't cost more than $30 or $40 and I'll take $35 for the fairing & lowers. I sold the Krauser bags off that bike to a guy that claimed to do plastic repair and he said it was very fixable. I'll have the pictures for you tonight.

It's more fairing than I need or want. I've always prefered the wind in my face type of riding but I've found that the wind pushing back on my helmet gives me a headache at sppeds over 60 mph. ;o) I have a nice Vetter Windjammer III that I'm going to use until I can get my hands on a Quicksilver.

Anybody have a Vetter Quicksilver to trade (maybe for a Windjammer III?)

Geezer

Comment

sometimes you are lucky!

This is good news!
                          I hope this is the right stuff for me!

Waiting!

Jens

Comment

Re: sometimes you are lucky!

This is good news!
                            I hope this is the right stuff for me!

Waiting!

Jens
                            I still haven't taken the pictures but it's a Yamaha dealer option fairing from 1979 with the rectangular headlight and signals. It may take me awhile to find both of the lowers but I know I have them. My garage is more than a little messy.

Geezer

Comment

I have a fairing similar to a quicksilver i think in the garage,

tiny fairing uses the regular headlight, and it has a crapco stereo in it..

ill try to get a pic of it...

Would love to move it on, and find a full size fairing that fits better thand the vetter (suzuki) style i have on the mongrel

either that or if anyone has a sound carrier for a vetter fairing,
                              would love to have tunes back..
                              jeff "Wags"
                              Bothell, Wa

79sf mongrel
                              79sf rusty
                              79 partsbike almost complete

Comment

Working...
                              X