Thanks to 3Phase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to 3Phase

A Huge Thank You to Scott 3Phase for rescuing me in Marina Del Rey.
    I was supposed to just pass through but LA traffic and my poor planning soon put an end to that. Scott had ridden in to town to have lunch with me and send me on my way to Indian Wells. The short version involves a car rental an invitation to Roo's 50 Birthday Bash and being driven out to Indian Wells on Sunday afternoon.

So instead I got to drive up Pacific coast highway to Ventura meeting Roo for a great Party with a live band in the garden followed by staying the night in Simi Valley.
    Morning involved coffee and some Canyon Carving in the hills above and a history lesson about the area.
    Then driven all the way out to Indian Wells (Palm Springs) to collect my next assignment of driving a Cadillac Escalade back to Canada.. Little detour through Joshua Tree National Park and end my day at Lake Havasu City Arizona.

Thanks Scott it was a blast. Much appreciated.
    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

You're welcome, Phil, I'm glad you had fun! We'll have to do it again the next time you're in the area and you have more time, it was sort of... hectic.
    -- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Great to read about XS11 members getting together...and with canyon carving and live music!
      '78 XS1100E (the newest bike I've ever owned)
      '74 CB350F1 (under restoration)
      '72 RT2 MX360 (gone but not forgotten)

Comment

Like I told Phil when he was here, a little warning would be good.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
          You're welcome, Phil, I'm glad you had fun! We'll have to do it again the next time you're in the area and you have more time, it was sort of... hectic.
          Hi Scott,
          It certainly was both fun & hectic. Hopefully next time i get some advance warning. It was all new to me.
          Phil
          1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
            Like I told Phil when he was here, a little warning would be good.
            Hi Greg,
            How about Wednesday night ? Dinner on me this time.
            Phil
            1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Maybe I'll just put something in the smoker Wednesday AM.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Hi Greg,
                It was cooked shortly after i got there. Thanks again for a delicious dinner and more family history. I should get you to take me to a Rodeo

Phil
                1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

You are more than welcome my friend. I'm sure my son and nephew were entertaining.

The best rodeos are in the rural areas. You go to the larger ones and it's simply a production.

Rural Montana or Wyoming.
                  Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                    You are more than welcome my friend. I'm sure my son and nephew were entertaining.

The best rodeos are in the rural areas. You go to the larger ones and it's simply a production.

Rural Montana or Wyoming.
                    Hi Greg,
                    Yes they were. You cook a good brisket and Jr makes excellent potato salad I hear Montana calling my name

Phil
                    1983 XJ 650 Maxim

Comment

Working...
                    X