My apologies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My apologies

I let something get under my skin and I didn’t handle it well.
    I understand that what happened was years ago but some things are tough to let go. That was a really tough time for me made much more difficult by people I trusted.
    My apologies to the group for letting my feelings get the better of me.

There are some really good people here from what I’ve seen. I’d like to see this site do well again. Even though I’m not here much anymore I still recommend it to people. I’ve even touted Greg as being one of the best mechanics here even if we don’t agree on things.

So yes, I might have been childish. But that’s not who I am as a general rule...
    We’re all childish at some point

And I’m certainly not toxic
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

Eh, it just made me laugh. You can’t take anything on the internet too seriously. I hope all these grizzly old bikers aren’t that thin skinned.
    79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
    80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
    80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
    79 DT 100

Comment

Originally posted by Wildkat View Post
      I let something get under my skin and I didn’t handle it well.
      I understand that what happened was years ago but some things are tough to let go. That was a really tough time for me made much more difficult by people I trusted.
      My apologies to the group for letting my feelings get the better of me.
      There are some really good people here from what I’ve seen. I’d like to see this site do well again. Even though I’m not here much anymore I still recommend it to people. I’ve even touted Greg as being one of the best mechanics here even if we don’t agree on things.
      So yes, I might have been childish. But that’s not who I am as a general rule...
      We’re all childish at some point
      And I’m certainly not toxic
      Hi Wildkat,
      please remind this geriatric fart what it was that got under your skin because I don't remember if I missed the ruction while absent or if I plain ol' forgot about it.
      And for your amusement; a signature quote from another site:-
      "Sometimes it ain't worth chewing through the straps to get out of bed in the morning."
      Fred Hill, S'toon
      XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
      "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

All is well. Keep doing u.
        1979 XS1100F
        2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Garrett - it was almost a popcorn moment lol

Fred! So good to “see” you
          Saw you were selling the pumpkin and ready to fly on a smaller gourd
          Glad to see you’re still riding
          If you want to catch up with the saga, start at the bottom of page 4 in the updates thread. That’s where I came in...
          Page 5 is a mixture of friendly exchange and childish remarks (mine too)
          Page 6 is a bunch of guys telling me that there’s no room for childish antics here
          Which is REALLY ironic. That kinda made me giggle.

Ian - thank you.
          81 SH Something Special
          81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
          81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
          80 LG Black Magic
          78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
          For those on FB

Comment

Yeah, I know. One of those fire from the eyes moments, when you hear it all...lol
            Even if you don’t want to hear it, it does some good to hear the unfortunate truth......but you have to know you’re about to see the other side of the coin. ...anymore I just smile and walk away, it pisses them off even more and I don’t waste the energy. There are only a few people that can bring me to that level of eruption. Not to say I don’t have all the thoughts..at least it was real.
            79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
            80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
            80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
            79 DT 100

Comment

Originally posted by fredintoon View Post
              And for your amusement; a signature quote from another site:-
              "Sometimes it ain't worth chewing through the straps to get out of bed in the morning."
              That's funny Fred!
              '78 XS1100E (the newest bike I've ever owned)
              '74 CB350F1 (under restoration)
              '72 RT2 MX360 (gone but not forgotten)

Comment

Lol, that is funny.
                Gene (Florida)
                1980 XS1100SG
                Accel Coils
                4-1 Jardine Exhaust

Comment

Working...
                X