Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Only took a few weeks but finally got here................

Just picked up a 79 XS1100 special that was not in to bad of shape. Picked it up for 400 bucks and it kind of ran........rebuilt the carbs and now she runs pretty good. Has a stumble at about 3K and trying to figure that one out. Still need to re build the brakes as the rear is sticking a little but fronts work great.

Would love to post some pics but..........trying to figure out what hosting site works the best now......

Not my first adventure into the XS model either have a few 400s floating around and love them but figured I better just add grandpa to the list.

Lets see if this works................

Last edited by spectra; 08-26-2017, 12:41 AM.
    79 SF

NIce Bike Spectra

COngrats on a nice find,,,,pretty sweet deal for 400 bucks,,,that is usually the cost of a parts bike. Lots of info here on site, check the search section for tons of knowledge and or keep asking questions here, we have extensive how to's for these fun machines. Mike in Sun DIego
    mike
    1982 xj1100 maxim
    1981 venture bagger
    1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
    1959 wife

Comment

Originally posted by soccer4m View Post
      COngrats on a nice find,,,,pretty sweet deal for 400 bucks,,,that is usually the cost of a parts bike. Lots of info here on site, check the search section for tons of knowledge and or keep asking questions here, we have extensive how to's for these fun machines. Mike in Sun DIego

Thanks! and just need to figure out the stumble and should be good to go.

Ran it tonight and it still had a little hesitation but if I left the choke on just a little it ran great. Not sure why ?

Still tying to figure this thing out.
      79 SF

Comment

Hi Spectra,

Welcome aboard! I'm glad to see you finally got in. I was told that your multiple attempts to contact admin just were not showing up in any folders. Apparently the fifth time was the charm. Bravo!

I suggest you go ahead and start a carb repair thread dealing with your current stumbling issue over on the XS11/ XJ11 Discussion forum where the gurus will get you sorted out.

You've got a clean looking ride, enjoy!

scoot

Comment

Originally posted by scoot View Post
          Welcome aboard! I'm glad to see you finally got in. I was told that your multiple attempts to contact admin just were not showing up in any folders. Apparently the fifth time was the charm. Bravo!

I suggest you go ahead and start a carb repair thread dealing with your current stumbling issue over on the XS11/ XJ11 Discussion forum where the gurus will get you sorted out.

You've got a clean looking ride, enjoy!

scoot

Thanks for your help to get me in yeah it took a few emails but finally got in.

Will do on the thread once again thanks!
          79 SF

Comment

Working...
          X