New Guy saying HI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy saying HI

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone and introduce myself. My name is Frank from Detroit, MI USA I am a relatively new XJ owner. I bought the bike for a winter project. I bought it from the Original owner about 4 monthsago. he gave me all the accessories, extra parts, manuals everything for the bike. Bike has 35K miles on it and hadnt ran in 15 years. I chose to Bob it and bondo the tank and repaint it.

I have ton of extra parts if anyone is looking for something please ask. I have the windshield Faring with radio and speakers, Trunk, blinkers rear fender etc.

Thanks for the add to the forum

Frank
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Big_Frank; 04-14-2017, 02:53 PM.
    82 XJ11

Welcome to the forum, Frank, nice bar-hopper!
    -- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Hmmm.......to bad as that WAS a decent XJ.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Hi Frank-from-Detroit

Welcome. I like the little green military box on the side.

What does it sound like with those pipes?
        '78 XS1100E (the newest bike I've ever owned)
        '74 CB350F1 (under restoration)
        '72 RT2 MX360 (gone but not forgotten)

Comment

Hello and welcome. I'm kind of a big Frank too.
          1981H XS1100
          1981 BMW R100

My photo/moto site: frankfoto.jimdo.com

Comment

Hello and welcome! Bike HAS changed, but I hope the tan critter in the first photo is still around!
            You may get some $h1t from some of the guys here, but it's YOUR bike, and it seems to be what YOU wanted, so enjoy! If you have NOT been on an XS before, you probably now know they are FAST for being 35 years old. Just keep the brakes working well and you should be OK.
            Ray Matteis
            KE6NHG
            XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
            XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
              Welcome to the forum, Frank, nice bar-hopper!
              Thanks 3Phase
              82 XJ11

Comment

Originally posted by dbbrian View Post
                Hi Frank-from-Detroit

Welcome. I like the little green military box on the side.

What does it sound like with those pipes?
                Hi DB Yeah the Ammo can is not the battery box and its extremely loud under power but once cruising it has a nice deep mellow tone.
                82 XJ11

Comment

Originally posted by DiverRay View Post
                  Hello and welcome! Bike HAS changed, but I hope the tan critter in the first photo is still around!
                  You may get some $h1t from some of the guys here, but it's YOUR bike, and it seems to be what YOU wanted, so enjoy! If you have NOT been on an XS before, you probably now know they are FAST for being 35 years old. Just keep the brakes working well and you should be OK.
                  Hi Diver, Yeah I might get some crap but all well. I restore semis as my main hobby and there are a lot of purist there as well. I get a lot of crap for "Painting a Jap bike" like that. lol. It is the first XJ/XS i have been on. I was very surprised by the speed and torque that the bike produce the first time i rode it. i'm still working out the bugs from it setting for 15yrs the brakes are giving me intermittent fits and a fading pedal so i'm working on that now. Thanks for the positive feed back.

Frank
                  82 XJ11

Comment

Originally posted by FranksBMW View Post
                    Hello and welcome. I'm kind of a big Frank too.
                    Hi and thanks yeah im 6'4 265LBS as my friends say "I'm a large fur bearing mammal lol '
                    82 XJ11

Comment

I restore semis as my main hobby and there are a lot of purist there as well.
                      So you understand when I tell you I drove an 8V71 with a 4X4 as my first truck! 2 axle Freightliner cabover.. '68 if I remember correctly. Lost my Class1 because of medical in '84 and been in high tech since.
                      Ray Matteis
                      KE6NHG
                      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Originally posted by DiverRay View Post
                        So you understand when I tell you I drove an 8V71 with a 4X4 as my first truck! 2 axle Freightliner cabover.. '68 if I remember correctly. Lost my Class1 because of medical in '84 and been in high tech since.
                        Oh yeah I would love to get my hands on one of those old 2 stroke Detroit's!! I'm restoring a 1975 Peterbilt 352 cab over with a a Cummins and a 13 speed right now.
                        82 XJ11

Comment

Welcome Big Frank, come on out to Colorado for the Rally in July! Not sure where you would put on some luggage. . Us big guys need to stick together... 6'11"/275 lbs.

BTW, check your PM in box, sent you one a couple days ago.
                          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Working...
                          X