AGM Batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGM Batteries

Man, when an AGM battery quits it just lays down and dies all of a sudden.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Yes, they do at that! The ONE downside of them. The upside is the 7+ years I usually get for a life.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Only got about 4 out of this one.

The one I have came filled and sealed, the replacement I got came with electrolyte in bottles and I had to fill it. Both AGM.

Filled the new one and it's HOT! I hope that's normal. It said it was fully charged when I bought it but I didn't see where it said it needed to be filled.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Tis normal for batt. to get HOT after being filled and activating. After it's cooled down, check that its static voltage is at least somewhere near 12.7-12.9v.
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
          Beings AGM type batteries use an Absorbant Glass Mat to slow down electron flow, that's what they will do consistantly.
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
            Tis normal for batt. to get HOT after being filled and activating. After it's cooled down, check that its static voltage is at least somewhere near 12.7-12.9v.
            Also that voltage check as stated is to be done AFTER eliminating the 'surface charge'. This is done by using a test lite or similar across poles of battery to eliminate the surface charge. Remember too, that whatever that static charge voltage is initially, is also all the higher the charging system will bring battery back up to.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
              They really shouldn't. They're very similar in nature, as they're still lead acid batteries. LiPo batteries however do die instantly.
              1979 XS1100F
              2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

I had one do the same thing. Fired up ok at work, voltmeter showed ok. Went into store. Came out and nothing😱. Wouldn't even take a jump.
                When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Working...
                X