XS Special Gurette indeed!

-- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

LOL
    Thank you Scott!

Taking advantage of the decent weather to try out the new coils on Something Special.
    And get in a few Fitbit steps and hunt for Pokémon. lol
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

Comment

This all I got to say.

SO, YOUR OTHER YEAR OLDER

More than half a century? The arduous struggle with youth has come to an abrupt end with the mere tick of the clock. The trials and tribulations endured as a younger person have ceased with this dubious event. The perpetual climb to reach the crest of the mountain has finally ended. Before you is a precipice, poised on the summit of the very mountain you struggled all these years to climb to the crest of, it now presents you with a gravity powered ride fraught with new obstacles. Brakes are not an option on this ride. Gravity will take over on this downhill sprint. It will affect your waistline, your chin, your pecs and your biceps. Motrin and Tylenol is now a staple of your diet, as is Maalox. The blender is no longer a nifty accessory for your bar but deftly moved to the kitchen, relegated to providing tasteless slurries of sustenance. Riding lawnmowers will no longer be looked at with distain, but with a sorted botanical envy as you visualize yourself being able to mow the lawn and sit at the same time. Soon, that cup in the bathroom will hold more than the now useless toothbrushes or loose change. The grab handle in the shower that you never gave a thought to will now become your best friend, as will those flower shaped traction stickies you passed up at Lowes so many times. As the need diminishes, your hair brush will languish in neglect in the bathroom drawer. Any episodes of Jay Leno will have to be viewed via DVR unless he starts coming on before 8PM. Your kidneys can no longer outlast your gas tank on road trips. Your idea of an all nighter is only getting up once to go to the bathroom. Downing a six pack will now refer to some sort of fudge flavored dietary supplement. Doing shots will be done by a licensed physician and most likely involve one or more body parts that have ceased to function correctly. But on the bright side, you will see a marked decrease in life insurance offers in the mail. You’re on the ragged edge of qualifying for senior discounts at a plethora of business establishments. You will rarely get asked to help anyone move. And with the right look in your now clouding eyes, get away with a whole bunch of stuff that would have gotten you in trouble, ticketed, fined or arrested just a few short years ago.

Happy Birthday
      When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Wildcat!! Hope your having a great day! Make sure to milk it for all you can, we both know John is good for it!
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
          - Abraham Lincoln

Hope you have a good day!
          Jerry Fields
          '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
          '06 Concours
          My Galleries Page.
          My Blog Page.
          "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday Wildcat wishing you the very best!

Eastcoaster
            82 XJ1100J
            81 Venturer
            Newly acquired Aches N Pains collection

Comment

Originally posted by webbcraft2150 View Post
              This all I got to say.

More than half a century?
              Not yet lol
              Still holding onto my 40s but I'm quickly losing my grip on them lol

Happy Birthday
              Thank you!

Thanks all!!
              Bike is running well, sun's out, walked 8 miles, registered new Pokémon to my pokedex and one of my girls is baking a cake. A good day so far

Ray, yes... yes he is
              81 SH Something Special
              81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
              81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
              80 LG Black Magic
              78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
              For those on FB

Comment

Working...
              X