First ride of 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First ride of 2017

The weather in this part of Colorado has been a bit crazy, switching from sub-zero weather into ice storms and closures of I-70 both east and west-bound at different times. Vail Pass was closed by avalanches.

However, yesterday brought a respite - temps got into the low 40 degree range. I fired up the C-10 Concours and took off for a short ride of around 30 miles.

Sun was shining and I was on a back road, popping along at 55 - 65 mph and enjoying the day. Sun shinning, some wind, but glad to be out.

This time of year is not normally good for bike riding but I did see two other bikers out so I was not alone on two wheels.

Spring is still a long time away but getting out, even for a short run, was great.
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Way to go Jerry.

I made a grocery run.
    80 SG
    81 SH in parts
    99 ST1100
    91 ST1100

Comment

Good to hear you were able to get out and ride........least for a bit anyways. Those bit wrmer temps(same here) do make it enticing. Several folks riding bikes daily here also.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Got the first 2017 ride in on New Year's day, rode to church on a Sunday morning.

I haven't been out since though. So Jerry, congrats on riding in the midst of all the crazy weather we have had out here.
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

....It's just crazy where your at, with white stuff included.
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Much the same

here in beer town it's been rain/snow/sleet, thaw/freeze. By the time you can think about going for a ride you step out the door and find you are sliding down the drive to the garage. How do I get back to the house ? Time to put up a zip line !
            Glad you got out !
            76 XS650 C ROADSTER
            80 XS650 G Special II
            https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
            80 XS 1100 SG
            81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
            https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
            AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

I won't be riding till at-least April. Got a few projects to do to the Triumph and XS, so it'll be a treat to get everything done.
              1979 XS1100F
              2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Weather around the Tulsa area's been ranging from one extreme to the other that past few weeks.

Managed a short ride last week.
                Seems lately if it's a warm day, I gotta work, because of outside electrical jobs!
                So, while I'm grateful for the work, it sure has been cutting into my riding time! Lol...

Good you got to ride a bit, Jerry!
                Hope to see ya again in the summer.
                Bob
                '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Working...
                X