Bought an AGM battery today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
    To my mind the lithium doesn't cost a lot more than an AGM and the weight savings on a 540 pound bike that is already down around 500 pounds starts to add up.
    I suggest avoiding a lithium style batt. Just for reference, prior to you being part of this site, had a member here located in Montana who totally restored a crotch rocket style bike and opted to your suggestion just for the weight loss........bad option, least in his case. He got halfwys down driveway to main rode and wa-la........battery exploded and burnt most all his previous good work. IIRC, battery brand was a Sheori(or however it's spelled), and lithium style.
    Problem being those style batteries are apparently not compatible with conventional style charging systems........anyways, in short, an expensive lesson learned by him.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Yeah, I heard about that. The batteries have come a long way in terms of reliability and safety, IMO. In reality traditional batteries give off fumes that can cause explosions when simply trying to hook up for a jump start.
      Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Working...
      X