X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polaris/Victory Announcement

Victory Motorcycles has a dim future.

http://ir.polaris.com/investors/news...y/default.aspx
    Last edited by MPittma100; 01-09-2017, 03:50 PM.
    1981 XS1100H Venturer
    K&N Air Filter
    ACCT
    Custom Paint by Deitz
    Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
    Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
    Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
    Stebel Nautilus Horn
    EBC Front Rotors
    Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

.....Bummer, as I'm using two of the Victory inline fuel filters on my 81 Venturer.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Victory Bikes

Interesting that the Victory line is going away and that Polaris apparently plans to keep the Indian brand alive.
      1981 XS1100H Venturer
      K&N Air Filter
      ACCT
      Custom Paint by Deitz
      Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
      Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
      Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
      Stebel Nautilus Horn
      EBC Front Rotors
      Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

In a way it'll be like Ford dropping Mercury and putting efforts into the Lincoln line.

I suspect the demand for Indian far outweighs demand for Victory products even at this early stage. It makes sense so that a strong Indian continues on instead of two weaker entities.

It is a bummer, I could have seen myself on one compared to a Harley. However the Indian Brand should expand even more and offer similar things to victory under a different name plate. That's what I would expect.
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Victory joins the literally 100's of brands that form part of the history of motorcycles that are no longer made. While never my style they did have a following of happy customers who will be sad to hear this news.
          JeffH and I were talking about the era of Harley Davidson when they had the small Italian (Amerechi (sp) made bikes to carry them through a thin patch and look at them now.
          Phil
          1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
          1983 XJ 650 Maxim
          2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Well, like has been jokingly stated: "you suppose that'll bring back the famous inline 4cyl. Indian(Polaris) of decades past?".
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

indian

I once had a 38 Indian 4 cyl, and a 46 Indian Chief. Wish I still had them.
              put something smooooth betwen your legs, XS eleven
              79 F (Blueballs)
              79 SF (Redbutt)
              81 LH (organ donor)
              79 XS 650S (gone to MC heaven)
              76 CB 750 (gone to MC heaven)
              rover has spoken

Comment

Working...
              X