• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• riding in the snow

well VERY short vid, with my Yammy warming up
    Nick

1979 XS11 F,Yamaha fairings w/hard bags, TC's fuse box, K&N air filter

1982 Virago 750 (it's alive!)

1979 XS 11 F, Windjammer IV, Samsonite luggage cases(another rescue)

Excellent video! I love it!

I used to ride until my bike high-centered in the snow and ceased moving forward under its own power, then I'd drag it inside and tear it down for the winter. It looks like you have another foot left to go, then it should be time for winter maintenance for you too.

Be careful when you ride though because no one else can move or stop in that stuff either and Ice Capades are only fun and games when you're in the audience, not so much when you're doing it live.
    -- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

well, after about a foot of snow over the last few weeks, I decided to move it into garage, mostly because all that snow was stretching the cover , and I didn't wanted to rip....like my gazebo cover
      Nick

1979 XS11 F,Yamaha fairings w/hard bags, TC's fuse box, K&N air filter

1982 Virago 750 (it's alive!)

1979 XS 11 F, Windjammer IV, Samsonite luggage cases(another rescue)

Comment

Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
        Excellent video! I love it!

I used to ride until my bike high-centered in the snow and ceased moving forward under its own power, then I'd drag it inside and tear it down for the winter. It looks like you have another foot left to go, then it should be time for winter maintenance for you too.

Be careful when you ride though because no one else can move or stop in that stuff either and Ice Capades are only fun and games when you're in the audience, not so much when you're doing it live.
        Have to agree with that......cept for the tear-down part, just kept riding the Venturer anyways, several decades ago when I was still bullet proof and invincible........brrrr, -32F was a bit on the cool side!
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
        X