I Miss My Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Miss My Home

I've starting posting on the V4MuscleBike forum to get information for my current V65 project.

It's not the same.

The responses on the other forum are frequently half-minded and over-opinioned. Many of them are rambling, incomplete sentences run together without any punctuation.

In one case another person posted that I would never find the part I was looking for - just as someone else PM'd me with the part.

Fortunately there are some really good members too.

Just saying how I am missing the community we have here.

Merry Christmas, my friends!
    -Mike
    _________
    '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
    '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
    '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
    '79 XS750SF 17k miles
    '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
    '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
    '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

If your missing it.......come back. You'd be surprised from the vast knowledge here, some of us ARE familiar with the Sabre/Magna series.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

be it ever so humble..theres no place like home,,,Merry Christmas Mike and to all of our XS1100 friends as well...
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by Radioguylogs View Post
        I've starting posting on the V4MuscleBike forum to get information for my current V65 project.

It's not the same.

The responses on the other forum are frequently half-minded and over-opinioned. Many of them are rambling, incomplete sentences run together without any punctuation.

In one case another person posted that I would never find the part I was looking for - just as someone else PM'd me with the part.

Fortunately there are some really good members too.

Just saying how I am missing the community we have here.

Merry Christmas, my friends!
        Merry Christmas to you too Mike.
        I know what you mean. I love this site and it's people (they make it loveable)
        Someone posts looking for some obscure part that was only used on one model year and is as scarce as hens teeth and before the day is out someone comes on to say: I have one you can have for the postage or come on over there is beer in the fridge and I'm sure it's here somewhere
        Phil
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Yep, Merry Christmas!
          -- Scott
          _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
          1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
          1979 XS1100F: parts
          2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Vedgar in Clarkston just acquired a cherry '85 V65 Magna.
            1979 XS1100F
            2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
              Vedgar in Clarkston just acquired a cherry '85 V65 Magna.
              Ian:

That's a nice coincidence. Maybe I'll run into him somehow, somewhere...figuratively.
              -Mike
              _________
              '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
              '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
              '79 XS750SF 17k miles
              '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Comment

you can check out....but you can never leave
                Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
                Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
                and SOXS
                2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

I ran into the same type of inhospitable jack asses on the Honda CX 500 form. They were so happy with themselves and not going outside of their little group. One of the main reasons I sold my CX 500 is there wasn't any bond between owners unless you were already "in". No way in heck would I go to one of their rallies. Bunch of pompous butt heads.

I was welcomed in over here pretty much right away and attended my first rally in 2011 after a few years and never looked back. Rather spend my time with good bikes and good people, not just a bike.
                  Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

It must be because the XS11 is so much fun to ride and such a joy to repair that we are all happy people over here.
                    2H7 (79)
                    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
                      One of the main reasons I sold my CX 500 is there wasn't any bond between owners unless you were already "in". No way in heck would I go to one of their rallies. Bunch of pompous butt heads.
                      Haw! You can't kid us. The reason you sold it was you needed something big enough to haul your bonez around.

CZ

Comment

At some 280lbs. and 6'11".......have to agree with that Zap.
                        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Never homeless!

Mike, I know just how you feel. Since my ponies are a rather eclectic bunch, I too have posted on other forums. Perhaps in time the dialog may improve, but they have a long way to go to even come close to the caliber of this forums members, and the quality of their replies.

Comment

Ugh!

I just couldn't help but provide an example of what I would NOT miss:

http://v4musclebike.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29240
                            -Mike
                            _________
                            '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
                            '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
                            '79 XS750SF 17k miles
                            '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Comment

wow what a bunch of A-holes
                              1980 XS650G Special-Two
                              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                              X