Bluetooth helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth helmet

Not much current info showed up in the search. Anyone have a good/bad helmet to recommend or warn against?
    I want Santa to bring me one...
    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
    1981 LH

I have a Hawk modular w/Bluetooth that works well. I had to reposition the speakers so I could hear good but other than that it's comfortable and quite affordable.

I've run the music all day before without the battery going dead.

It works if you crash too, even better if you have the chin piece closed.

Don't get it in matte black though. The finish turns to a sticky mess. I had a gloss one before that had no issues though.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Which one do you have Greg?
      "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

1980 LG
      1981 LH

Comment

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#t...60353768041512
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

aaaaaaaaaa
          Last edited by dpotter58; 11-26-2016, 07:55 PM.

1980 LG
          1981 LH

Comment

Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post
            aaaaaaaaaa
            Assuming that means you were able to operate your electronic device and see the page.
            Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
              Assuming that means you were able to operate your electronic device and see the page.
              I only see a Google search page with your Link

1980 LG
              1981 LH

Comment

I hope someday you learn how to use this newfangled technology stuff.

Try googling "hawk modular bluetooth helmet H6611"
                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Those are ok if you don't need to intercom with another rider, or unless the other rider has the same system.

If you do desire to intercom, their distance aren't too good.

But, like Greg said, ok if you don't care to intercom.

Greg, does yours bluetooth with any other brand communicator?
                  Some new ones are starting to say they will...
                  (I remember trying to synch my G9 w/ your other one that time and it wouldn't.)
                  '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                  "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Just because it wouldn't connect with yours doesn't mean it won't work with others. We only tried once and not very hard.

Besides, not everyone has the money to spend on expensive equipment to bitch about all the time because it doesn't work right Bob.
                    Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Just because it wouldn't connect with yours doesn't mean it won't work with others. We only tried once and not very hard.

Besides, not everyone has the money to spend on expensive equipment to bitch about all the time because it doesn't work right Bob.
                      Ok,
                      I'll ask again...

Have you ever tried or been successful synching your Hawk's communicator to any other brands?

My version Scala G9 doesn't claim to synch with another brand's. But, we did try that time in Utah, yet they wouldn't "see" each other.

The new Scala PackTalks and the latest version Senas now claim to. I've even seen the UClear's claiming to, now. Didn't know if your latest Hawk's claimed to?
                      (Which, we haven't tried to pair up with my G9 yet.)

I have also recently downloaded the latest software update from Cardo, which solved a lot of the issues I was having. Some of it stems from the fact these companies that sell these communicators are always in a rush to get a return on their investment, and don't fully test their product before guys like me end up being their beta tester and complain to them with issues THEY created in their rush to get them to market.

BTW, Greg...
                      I'm probably one of the poorest guys on this site. You know that...
                      I just try my best not to be "cheap" when it comes to gear

My experience after 8 years using communicators has been bluetooth is a 2-edged sword... it can do some amazing things while at the same time usually can't seem to function as advertised. And most of the issues have been with the intercom portions, and not with any of the other functions.

My advice- think about how you will use a comm before you buy.
                      If you usually ride solo, or never intend to intercom with anyone else, most all the brands bluetooth versions work ok.

Whatever version bluetooth a comm uses WILL affect it's comm function.
                      If you plan to intercom with other riders, choose the best and newest version available. Distance, clarity, volume, connectivity, battery talk-time length... these should all be considered closely.

Depends on how you plan to use it.

Also, if you plan to add a Zumo or bluetooth GPS, and plan to hear turn-by-turn, along with a cell phone, hear music, all while being intercommed... my advice... don't cheap out! Get the newest and best you can afford. Even then they can be a challenge.

Zumo's want to be the main hub, and can bring even more issues to the mix. But it's cool... when it works like it's supposed to!
                      Last edited by XJOK2PLAY; 11-28-2016, 07:42 AM.

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

Comment

Haven't ridden with anyone else that has a Bluetooth helmet. Just people with expensive equipment that doesn't work right.
                        Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Haven't ridden with anyone else that has a Bluetooth helmet. Just people with expensive equipment that doesn't work right.
                          Mine works fine now.
                          Just have to have patience, and keep fighting it.

I'll say this...
                          I think I tolerate your forgetfulness with your gas card and bitch less about that than you seem to do when it comes to me and issues I had on one trip we took together??

Good thing I know you wouldn't be geving me "grief" if ya hated me...
                          Hahahahaha!!

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

Comment

:d :d :d :d :d :d :d
                            Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Plus,
                              IIRC, The problems I had on that trip weren't even with the G9, it was with that 7" tablet I tried to use w/GPS software not working.

So, I tossed that and tried the TomTom Rider, which was cheaper than a Zumo.
                              That was also a fail.

Finally found a deal on a good used Zumo 550, and Cardo finally released an updated firmware version.

Works well now.

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

Comment

Working...
                              X