No announcement yet.

transmission shake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pushed the servo in by hand and noted how far in went in, and I was still able to turn the tail shaft. Then I took the spring off the servo and tried it again. It went in farther indicating the spring was bottoming out and not applying the rear band as needed. This time I was not able to turn the tail shaft.

I was unable to find a rear servo apply pin. I did find a pin extender.
    http://www.transmissionpartsusa.com/...-000t34913.htm

With the spring off and pin extender on I tried it, ground off a little, tried it again & again until I got it where I thought it should be. Put it all back together and tried reverse. It backs up firmly with no shaking. I wasn't able to give it a real good test on a hill because of the snow but applying the brakes a little and stepping on the gas it seems to be working. Will have to wait until spring to give it a good test. Thanks for all the help.
    79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
    79 SF parts bike.

Comment

I took it for a road test yesterday. Backed up a hill that was plenty enough to cause it to shake previously. Tried several times from easy on the gas to hard on the gas. All it did was back up. NO SHAKE Everything worked as it should. Thanks Red. Never would have figured it out with out you.
      79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
      79 SF parts bike.

Comment

That’s great, sure glad you have a solid reverse now.
        80SG, 81SH, 80 standard parts bike, 81SH parts bike
        and new to me 78 standard dresser

Comment

Working...
        X