The story I promised yall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The story I promised yall

Ok here is the story I promised of buying my new bike last week.
    I had been looking for a couple of weeks for a decent bike to piddle with and ride to work. This being my 14 th bike in my 48 years of existence I figured I knew what to look for. And I found it. A nice "CHERRY" 1982 Yamaha XJ110J Maxim with 19,000 miles and not a scratch on it. It has a Yamaha fairing and trunk and shined like a new penny. Well being 6'5" and about 350 if I eat a salad for lunch I figured it would haul my big ol butt around without any problems. And it did. Well as usual he wanted too much money so I had to play the waiting game for the price to drop. It did. I told my wife about the new jewel I had found and was going to get it after picking up the money. She dropped me off at his house and left without seeing my new treasure. I gave him the money and snickered about how I had screwed him to the hilt with my new possession. I strapped on my shorty helmet I had bought to use when I traveled to Pismo Beach last year to ride my ATV and cranked up my new toy. I heard it rumble and I grinned at the shine on my fairing, hell even the windshield didn't have a scratch on it. I kicked it in 1 st gear and started the 5 miles to my house. On the way I figured my new beast needed some petrol so I wheeled in to a gas station where I proceeded to check out the babes that might be in the area checking me out on my new ride. Let me tell ya that trying to hold in a 48 yr old belly and puff your chest out trying to look "buff" without turning your face red is quite a feat. But I do think I might have managed it as a young halter top wearing babe was giving me the eye when I rolled in to the gas pump. I eased my foot to the side stand and extended it and started to remove my helmet while being mindful the babe that was eying me might throw her halter and maybe some panties at me from excitement at looking at such a Motorcycle riding Adonis. While smiling at this possibility I killed the engine and stepped off of my bike to stretch and catch my breath and release my stomach some. As I did this my new "CHERRY" motorcycle just fell over. It just FELL over, it just fell over. It not only fell over, the windshield caught the edge of the gas pump and cracked in two. From top to bottom. Well all thoughts of panties hitting me in the head had vanished and I was scrambling to right the bike back up. I did so but the windshield was still broke. I tried to put it back together but it just wouldn't stay. Well you know what happened next don't ya? Yep, I looked around to see if anyone had seen this fiasco. And yep, the halter top wearing girl was doubled over with laughter. I realized then that she wasn't as good looking as I had originally thought. And wouldn't have saved those panties ifn she had thrown them. Well I still needed gas so I got out my cash card and was having trouble entering my PIN number from the tears welling up in my eyes but I did manage. I put my half broken windshield in the trunk filled up the gas tank and rode home looking through half of a windshield. I drove up to my house where my wife met me and the first words out of her mouth were "Why did you buy this piece of junk with a broke windshield?". ............... Good thing she dont throw her panties or she might mame someone, I thought..........

Mike
    Txsbigfoot

did you find that XJ on southeasttexas.com? i had seen one on there but like you, thought it was too high. glad to see someone else from my neck of the woods is on here...
    Shawn
    78 XS1100E "Black Rat"
    78 XS1100E Parts
    www.hotrod1972.com

Comment

Yep, that was the one. He finally dropped the price to where I could afford it. I am well pleased except the seat is a little low and not too comfy. But the bike purrs like a kitty. Also glad to see someone who has a bike in common as I am sure to need some tech tips in the future.
      Txsbigfoot

Comment

congrats on the bike, sounds like ur happy. Sucks about the bike falling over. hope all is well.

Kevin
        "Watchout for the guy behind the guy in front of you"

1980 XS 1100 SG

Comment

Working...
        X