Tank WOES!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank WOES!!!!

Looking for a 77-81 5 gallon tank originally like my 78 "E" model. Everone I been sent has been severly beat-up. Bondo'ed, welded, rusted and just not up to snuff. Paint is not the problem as I will repaint. I don;t care if the petcocks are there but ned the cap and insert, and key with it would be nice. But as long as it is unlocked I don't care about the key. Can anyone help out there???
    Thanx
    Hookum

hookum- if you haven't already, check out ebay. I've seen different tanks up for auctions alot. Good luck on ur search.

Kevin
    "Watchout for the guy behind the guy in front of you"

1980 XS 1100 SG

Comment

tank woes

I've tryed the bay and always get something less than I want. All I want is a E or F model tank that is not rusted out. the last one I got for 50 dollars had at least 11 hole be sides the filler and petcocks. The one before that had 8 #'s of bondo on it and was listed as stock. That is why I am coming to you guy's for help!!

Comment

might have luck finding a tank

There is a member on this website that still might have a tank for your bike,the name is Buckb.I have his cell and office number if you like pm me.The other is Alfa Heaven INC. the website is: alfaheaven.com Best of luck.
        Bill Harvell

Comment

I was out at Merriam Cycle today and I think that they have several. It is like XSEleven Heaven in the place. They have everything for the XS 1100's and XJ 1100's. Bob Jones is really up on things along with his mechanics. (913) 677-4663

"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

Working...
          X