Riding my 1978xs1100.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riding my 1978xs1100.

I can not get over how much fun it is to ride my bike. I ride mountain roads in eastern Ky. and TN. We are bless with some great roads. I got a Yamaha Raider 1900 last year. It is a custom bike, every where I ride it people love its looks. It is a power house but a completely different ride than my 1100. I had my old bike on here for sale but could care less if I sell it. For the older made bikes it is one of the best. Can handle the curves so easy with the 1100. Also my 1100 gets a lot of lookers also. I have started back riding my 1100 and letting my Raider set half the time. Love those Yamaha's power. What do You Say??

Preaching to the Choir

Hey there Doc,

You're preaching to the choir here! I've had my 11 since '83, and put ~$2,500 into it in 2000 with a Resurrect/Topend rebuild. Rode it for 16 years, and am now putting possibly another $1,500+ into it again for a Refresh/Rebuild in hopes of being able to ride it yet another 15+ years!

T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

I, too, have a lot of fun on my 79F. I put 50 miles on it last Saturday, and I know that's not a lot of miles for one day, but it was a blast. I almost always get a , " Hey- what year is that?" when I ride it. Love the old girl.
      79 F
      Previously owned: (among others)
      1969 Harley- Davidson Rapido 125 (Aermacchi)
      1967 Suzuki X6 Hustler
      1973 Suzuki TM 125
      1979 XS1100 F
      2005 Kaw. Vulcan VN800
      1991 BMW K75

Comment

Hey Boatdoctor

I picked up my 78E in May, and am just loving it! Not lucky as you for nearby places to ride, but I go out for a blast anyway, local county roads offer some fun.

I hope to head up north of here to 'cottage' country for some nice roads, once I feel the bike is well sorted. Working on a vintage classic bike this nice is also part of the fun for me.

I have been reading / looking at pics on the Rally threads on this site with envy. of doing a big tour....like Colorado! Wow. Someday!
        '78 XS1100E (the newest bike I've ever owned)
        '74 CB350F1 (under restoration)
        '72 RT2 MX360 (gone but not forgotten)

Comment

Rode my 1100 today.

Rode 165 miles today on my 1100. Rode with two friends on Harley's today some of my regular riding friends. I can smoke either one of them and they know it. It is unreal how fast these bikes are especially in the upper RPM range I run in 4th gear in the twistes when we are running from 40 to 90 mph. I beat most with the quickness out of the corners. 72k and it runs like a bat out of Hel_ ! dbbrian I had some pictures on for sale if you can find them you might get some ideas on what you might want to do to your bike.

Comment

Thanks Boatdoctor. But already know its going to stay stock. Just wrestling with the idea of removing the dealer installed fairing. Don't think its ever been off the bike.

Would love to see some of those roads in your area if you can post picks of your tours and bike we would love to see some!
            '78 XS1100E (the newest bike I've ever owned)
            '74 CB350F1 (under restoration)
            '72 RT2 MX360 (gone but not forgotten)

Comment

Working...
            X