im screwed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im screwed

It took almost a year to get all the paperwork I needed for my bike. I just got back from the courthouse. I can't title it. Doug's daughter took her time signing the title and her R.P. authority was expired by the time she signed it. thee only option i have at this point is for her lawyer to reopen the estate. I sent her brother a message about it, he had it, and the response was "Don't know what to tell ya. Make a gokart."

So I have $300 and several hours tied up in a bike i can never ride. I just want to choke some one.

Any ideas, suggestions?
    81 S Venturer

There is a guy advertising a titled frame neck. Buy it and get plates. Cut VIN section off frame neck and weld it onto yours.

John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

As a last result you may try this, $150.00

http://www.motorecyclenow.com/title-service.html
      80SG, 81SH, 80 standard parts bike, 81SH parts bike
      and new to me 78 standard dresser

Comment

There's hope yet!

Awesome ideas (I like the 2nd one, but I know nothing about this stuff)

Point is don't give up yet....sounds like there's still a chance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA
        '78 XS1100E (the newest bike I've ever owned)
        '74 CB350F1 (under restoration)
        '72 RT2 MX360 (gone but not forgotten)

Comment

Originally posted by aqqus View Post
          It took almost a year to get all the paperwork I needed for my bike. I just got back from the courthouse. I can't title it. Doug's daughter took her time signing the title and her R.P. authority was expired by the time she signed it. thee only option i have at this point is for her lawyer to reopen the estate. I sent her brother a message about it, he had it, and the response was "Don't know what to tell ya. Make a gokart."

So I have $300 and several hours tied up in a bike i can never ride. I just want to choke some one.

Any ideas, suggestions?
          I've got a venturer frame in my garage...
          79 F

Comment

You may want to check on the Vermont title trick.

http://www.chinonthetank.com/2014/04...-registration/

I have never needed to do it myself, but it seems like it's the route a lot of people go. Also, take a close look at the >300cc stuff, and the inspection which is required.

Good luck.
            '81 XS11H Venturer - holed up in storage while life happened since 07/08/04
            '81 Kawasaki KE175 enduro - 63 mph of smokey fun, now with collector plates!

Comment

In Virginia they have an abandoned vehicle thing to do. What you do is fill out a form stating you have had the vehicle and a request is sent by the DMV to the owner of said vehicle if they are deceased there can be no reply. So what happens is after no reply for a specified time the DMV will return the form and allow you to title the vehicle based on the fact it is the owners responsibility to supply a current address and reply back with a response. I would think your state has a similar thing you can do.
              To fix the problem one should not make more assumptions than the minimum needed.

Rodan
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khm6...liHntN91DHjHiS
              1980 G Silverbird
              Original Yamaha Fairfing and Bags
              1198 Overbore kit
              Grizzly 660 ACCT
              Barnett Clutch Springs
              R1 Clutch Fiber Plates
              122.5 Main Jets
              ACCT Mod
              Mac 4-2 Flare Tips
              Antivibe Bar ends
              Rear trunk add-on
              http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z329/viperron1/

Comment

Vermont

I have done Vermont many times its easy fast and not expensive
                Once you have the Vermont title in your name its easy to transfer to Nebraska
                If you need help pm me
                Eastcoaster
                Who frequents Omaha Nebraska
                82 XJ1100J
                81 Venturer
                Newly acquired Aches N Pains collection

Comment

After I calmed down and was done with my rant I called the state DMV in Lincoln. I have two options. One being convince the family to hire a lawyer to reopen the estate so a new letter of personal representative can be issued and a new title requested and resigned. Second is to apply for a bonded title as an abandoned vehicle. After a vehicle records search I send registered letter to family members explaining i have bike and give them a deadline to lay claim or refuse claim. After deadline has passed I can purchase a surety bond and apply for a bonded title. I've asked my local DMV about this procedure before and didn't mch in the way of help.

I would like to thank everyone for the suggestions. I will look into that moto recycle title service. Looks like it might be the quickest and easiest for me.

Dshea, I will keep it in mind. I'm not quit to that point yet.
                  81 S Venturer

Comment

I can do the Vermont thing for you here in Maine....i did it for my brother a few years ago, although he was in Fla...
                    Mark
                    1980 xs1100g 3H5.......
                    1992 Ducati 907ie
                    2001 Moto Guzzi Jackal

Comment

I will keep it in mind Bikes. I may have something in the works.
                      81 S Venturer

Comment

Working...
                      X