I gotta say.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I gotta say.....

Been busy, bought a house, moved, got Lyme disease, blew out a knee, etc. etc....but, I must say, this XS is by far my ,most favorite bike I've ever owned or ridden, so comfortable, 36" inseam ....smooth as glass....just a pleasure to ride......just recovered the seat...couldnt afford the custom fit original type so went to e bay for fifty bucks....only issue is I cut the screen to fit me before the seat cover, now I'm a little high........maybe it'll beat down after a while....
    Just wanted to share the joy.....

Appreciate all the help getting and keeping her running well.......
    Mark
    1980 xs1100g 3H5.......
    1992 Ducati 907ie
    2001 Moto Guzzi Jackal

Another tall guy! I've got 37" inseam and am still seeking a seat that gives me a little softer angle in the knees. Do you find yourself pushing further back into that seat?
    79 F

Comment

I am interested in this too... 38" inseam, 6'11" tall and the 80SG I so adore puts a good kink in the knees. I have a gel seat that adds an inch of leg room but still sit farther forward than I like to with the stock seat and the step-up to the passenger seat keeps me from sliding back even a little bit. I can sit back on the passenger seat for a stretch every once in a while, but not a good option for more than that.
      Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

I'm 6'4'', w/ a 36-37'' inseam. My F came w/ ''hi-way'' pegs mounted to the crash bars, and I kept them on for a little while, and I liked the option of stretching my legs out a bit. I did remove them, as I mostly buzz around town, but will put them on if and when I ride up to the UP.
        79 F
        Previously owned: (among others)
        1969 Harley- Davidson Rapido 125 (Aermacchi)
        1967 Suzuki X6 Hustler
        1973 Suzuki TM 125
        1979 XS1100 F
        2005 Kaw. Vulcan VN800
        1991 BMW K75

Comment

The stock seat was really a good fit for me...the foam was broken in just right...i wasn't expecting the seat cover to add an inch but aside from the windscreen now being too low, its very comfortable...still flat footed at stops....
          If Yamaha built this bike new again, I would buy one.....fuel injected, of course..
          Mark
          1980 xs1100g 3H5.......
          1992 Ducati 907ie
          2001 Moto Guzzi Jackal

Comment

Seat cover came from http://www.ebay.com/usr/mac32756?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
            29.95 plus $8 shipping...cant beat it....
            Mark
            1980 xs1100g 3H5.......
            1992 Ducati 907ie
            2001 Moto Guzzi Jackal

Comment

You did a much better job mounting that seat cover than I did mine. It further reinforces my lack of experience with seat cover installation

The bike is looking great!
              82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
              Website/Blog

Comment

Nice bike...I'm not familiar with that fairing and those bags...Who is the manufacturer?
                BTW my problem with seats is that they are usually too low..so adding another inch would be alright by me.The further the placement of me between the seat and the footpegs the more comfortable i am...I dont like to be riding in a cramped position..old bones ya know...
                Last edited by madmax-im; 07-06-2016, 02:10 PM.
                1980 XS650G Special-Two
                1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                  Nice bike...I'm not familiar with that fairing and those bags...Who is the manufacturer?
                  BTW my problem with seats is that they are usually too low..so adding another inch would be alright by me.The further the placement of me between the seat and the footpegs the more comfortable i am...I dont like to be riding in a cramped position..old bones ya know...
                  The fairing is a TAA vintage (Touring Accessories of America) the bags and rack are vintage KG....both "period correct" and found in the back room of a cycle shop in a pile.....cheeeeep!......the fairing is not as nice as Vetter and I have a WJ5 i was going put on but the TAA works good so I'm leaving it for now....
                  I like the high seat but I had cut the screen down to fit me before I recovered it...not thinking I would gain an inch....oh well......
                  Mark
                  1980 xs1100g 3H5.......
                  1992 Ducati 907ie
                  2001 Moto Guzzi Jackal

Comment

Interesting...I have heard of KG...but not TAA...still learning new stuff...
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                    X