A Little LT for Me and the Colorado Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Little LT for Me and the Colorado Rally

(singing) I'm going to Colorado, I'm going to Colorado! (/singing)

Parts for Columbo are still on order but I've started to put the lower end and case back together so I needed some Yamambond. I stopped by the dealer to get a new tube of the good stuff and while I was there I spotted my new bike.

I pick it up tomorrow morning.

-- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

I'm green with envy! I bet you will have a BIG grin om your face when you ride that home.
    Ty

78 XS1100E - Now in Minnesota
    80 XS1100LG - The Punisher
    82 XJ1100 - Current project - The Twins
    82 XJ1100 - Wife's Bike - The Twins
    82 XJ1100 - Daughter's Bike
    72 Suzuki TS125 - Daughter's Bike
    72 Yamaha Mini JT2 - Youngest Daughter's bike (She wants a bigger one now)

Comment

Grin? Oh yeah, you bet!

It's a brand new 2014, fully loaded with all the extras they made for it and they marked it down to get it out the door and off the floor. I sat on it, then had them bring the keys and fire it up -- SOLD!

This'll be my second new bike and I can't wait to ride every Imperial millimeter of the new right off of it.

-- Scott
      _____

2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Pretty bike! And 2014 would have the big-bore kit as standard vs the first generation that was a bit smaller. Dang, that thing puts 100+ ft/lb of torque to the road and as much hp at the rear wheel as an XS1100 if I remember the road test from a few years back. It's got a couple hundred pounds on a full-dress XS1100, but man, that torque!

Congrats Scott!
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

I need something I can ride!

I almost bought a pristine, one-owner, black '82 XJ11 they have out back but I'd be right back in almost the same position I'm in now with no car and trying to keep another thirty-five-year-old motorcycle running. It's a beautiful XJ though, you should see it.

-- Scott
          _____

Comment

Big Congrats Scott,,,

Like the Wiz said long ago,,,if it feels good between your legs then its all good Congrats on the new bike,,it sounds like a nice cruising machine. SOoo, ,its off to Color Ado soon and make some good memories in this life. You should have time to get a real good feel for the bike by then and any goodies you need to add for the ride...........I feel left out riding out the only Yamaha to the Rally,,,,Roo with his Green Kawi, his buddies Hardley, my buddies Hardley and your British Royal Throne.....its all good see ya, Mike in SUn DIego
            mike
            1982 xj1100 maxim
            1981 venture bagger
            1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
            1959 wife

Comment

Mike, if I had another week I'd be riding my XS11.

The parts I need have been delayed twice now and I can't put anything together that I'd take out of the Valley, much less to Colorado again.

And I'm totally tired of Shank's Mare and my LPCs.

-- Scott
              _____

Comment

Originally posted by soccer4m View Post
                Like the Wiz said long ago,,,if it feels good between your legs then its all good Congrats on the new bike,,it sounds like a nice cruising machine. SOoo, ,its off to Color Ado soon and make some good memories in this life. You should have time to get a real good feel for the bike by then and any goodies you need to add for the ride...........I feel left out riding out the only Yamaha to the Rally,,,,Roo with his Green Kawi, his buddies Hardley, my buddies Hardley and your British Royal Throne.....its all good see ya, Mike in SUn DIego
                Sounds like a decent crowd headed this direction Mike! Would imagine u'all are still plannin' on landing here overnite, and then the 240mi. to Canon?

You also Scott? Also guessin' Ty from SaltLake and possibly another rider or two with him?

Now if that many landing here overnite don't make for a rally in itself...........go to Canon City............heard there's scheduled a REAL XS rally there.
                81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I don't know how many will be riding yet, Brant, but we will be stopping by so be prepared!

-- Scott
                  _____

Comment

Brant is hosting the official "Pre-Rally Rally", you guys are gonna get spoiled at his place!
                    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

"It's not your money, it's America's money and it's a darn good thing too."

I can't get the motorcycle. I would owe the government almost double the cash price of the bike in taxes and I'd have to go live under a bridge and harass goats for a living.

Boats.net sent me an e-mail that says the important parts I need for Columbo's engine have been shipped but until I get something put together I'll have to stick with hitching rides off my brothers and mooch or take an airplane if I want to go out of town.

-- Scott
                      _____

Comment

3Phase, don't knock yourself out on Colombo. You KNOW what bikes you have to ride.

-You can ride from Cali with SD Mike and the boys on Mike's XS.

-You can fly out here and take Joe up on some nice running bikes.

-You can use my SG. Put stainless front lines on it Tuesday night, brakes are balls-good now. "Balls-good" means, "Good, it stops hard enough to slide my balls forward into the back of the tank".

Anyway you slice it, you are gonna be upright and on two wheels. If you fly out, I have a tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, and lots of other stuff you are welcome to as well.

Looking forward to it.
                        Last edited by Bonz; 07-01-2016, 11:20 AM.
                        Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Multiple choice

3 Phase ......sorry deal didn't go through on new bike, but it appears that you have many options to choose from both there in Ca. or here in Co, I also have tents sleeping bags etc.you might need , I plan on bringing two bikes in either case I am,sure you will let me know as soon as YOU know .
                          78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

Thanks, guys. I Just got back from getting the deposit refunded. (sigh)

Yesterday I was certain that fortune had smiled upon me but it was just the tail bobbing on the bluebird of happiness. Oh, well, what good is it to have a lawyer and investment councilor if you don't listen when you're advised not to do something.

-- Scott
                            _____

Comment

Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
                              I don't know how many will be riding yet, Brant, but we will be stopping by so be prepared!

Should be ready before the herd gets here! Had kitchen/dining room painted same as living room,had all linoleum removed from kitchen/dining room, and now in process of having 13" ceramic tiles put back in........happy SWMBO = happy house, right?

And likely, since Anita wants to attend for a day, we'll either lead....follow, or get out of the way over to CanonCity in the Ford Escape.......yeah, Iknow, cage sucks, but 'it is what it is'.
                              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
                              X