Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got dad a bike!

Quick story time!
    So for his whole life, my dad has been in love with motorcycles. He used to build and ride customs regularly. After many soft tails and bobbers, he settled into an 89 harley tour glide. Fast forward a few years, money got tight and he ended up selling the bike.
    Being that motorcycles were such a big part of his life, selling what he thought was his last bike crushed him.
    Now fast forward a few MORE years to this spring. I pick up my xs1100. Now my dad never really liked yamaha bikes, but he LOVES mine. After helping me do work on the bike, and riding it a little bit, he fell in love with yamaha.
    Knowing this, i started browsing the always helpful Craigslist. I found him an almost new VSTAR classic. We went to look at it and he fell in love. Needless to say, i have a new riding buddy; my dad and his vstar.
    We are going to pick it up tomorrow afternoon, then going for his first ride in 6 years.

Tl;dr got dad a vstar. Dad is excited. Picking up and riding tomorrow afternoon.

-end story time-
    1979 XS1100F "Roxy" (my first bike ) - '91 Suzuki GSX1100 Fairing, BMW bags, Cheap ABS Trunk, aftermarket cruiser seat, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Heavy Duty folding kickstart, XS11 Special signals and gauges, Blade Fuse Conversion, Dynacoil Greens w/ ballast bypass, SS brake lines

Very cool story, Seth. Ride on, ride safely.
    79 F
    Previously owned: (among others)
    1969 Harley- Davidson Rapido 125 (Aermacchi)
    1967 Suzuki X6 Hustler
    1973 Suzuki TM 125
    1979 XS1100 F
    2005 Kaw. Vulcan VN800
    1991 BMW K75

Comment

Seth,

What a nice story that is ...

Your Dad must be thrilled ... he gets to ride again with his son who took the time to find just the right bike for him!

Well done ...
      Marco

Current bikes:
      1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
      1979 Honda CBX
      2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
      WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

Working...
      X