Spring weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring weather

is sure crazy. A little on/off rain sprinkle here in the Grand Valley with 45degree temps here that dipped down from mid 70's day before. I-70 towards Denver, Vail pass closed due to vehicles and tractor/trailer rigs spun out blocking road. Denver area expecting 12+in. of snow overnite into tomorrow(good place for it...lol). Hope the rest of majority here on the site are least having decent riding weather.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Mowed my yard today. About 70º.

The weather guessers think it's gonna rain tomorrow.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
      Mowed my yard today. About 70º.

The weather guessers think it's gonna rain tomorrow.
      Well, it's definitely headed your direction.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
        Well, it's definitely headed your direction.
        Nice here upstate,NY.Sixty three today, Seventy tomorrow...beautiful week actually..Been riding everyday...hope all is well with you...
        1980xs1100.sg Pacifica Fairing ..stock.
        2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100.! ⛺

Comment

.......already some 670+ flight cancelations out of DIA so far.

Comment

we're in an Omega High here in NC...clear blue skies...low humidity...I too cut the yard today...68*...gonna get even nicer as this week progresses...Colorado sure is a pretty place even with snow...but i for one dont miss the white stuff or cold temps...
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
              we're in an Omega High here in NC...clear blue skies...low humidity...I too cut the yard today...68*...gonna get even nicer as this week progresses...Colorado sure is a pretty place even with snow...but i for one dont miss the white stuff or cold temps...
              lol....I also mowed front and rear yard day before yesterday. Maybe that caused the white conditions east over the 'hill' eastern slope area.

Comment

it snowed here a week ago, past weekend 70's, had to mow my grass twice

That's Michigan for you...
                Nick

1979 XS11 F,Yamaha fairings w/hard bags, TC's fuse box, K&N air filter

1982 Virago 750 (it's alive!)

1979 XS 11 F, Windjammer IV, Samsonite luggage cases(another rescue)

Comment

We've been getting some nice weather in SW Ohio for the last couple days. Mid to upper 70's over the weekend, and the forecast if for low 80's with low humidity for the first half of this week. Time to wake the old girl up from her long winter's nap. You can smell summer in the air.
                  I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Something is just very wrong with that, Doug. It's barely hitting mid-60s, overcast and wet here. I thought we were supposed to get the nice weather first.
                    81 SH Something Special
                    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                    80 LG Black Magic
                    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                    For those on FB

Comment

Originally posted by Wildkat View Post
                      Something is just very wrong with that, Doug. It's barely hitting mid-60s, overcast and wet here. I thought we were supposed to get the nice weather first.
                      Reminds me of a winter skydiving trip I went on years ago. We went to Coolidge Arizona in late February '99, presumably because it would be much warmer for jumping. That's the coldest doggone place I ever jumped. 40's on the ground, and so cold at altitude you couldn't get a breath. Meanwhile back in SW Ohio it was in the mid 60's. That darned Murphy follows me around like a dog.

I saw a weather report earlier this year that said El Niño was going to cause it to be warmer than normal in the north, and colder than normal in the south. Looks like the weatherman finally got one right.
                      I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

currently 83 bright carolina blue skies...heading to 85....
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Yeah, I found out the hard way when I was about 18 that southern Colorado and northern New Mexico, aren't exactly warm around April, either. At least I was at ground level. LOL

Originally posted by dbeardslee View Post
                          I saw a weather report earlier this year that said El Niño was going to cause it to be warmer than normal in the north, and colder than normal in the south. Looks like the weatherman finally got one right.
                          I really can't complain. We had a very mild winter and my roses are loving this weather. AND, if your weatherman is correct, Maine will be awesome for riding this summer. Heheheeee lol
                          81 SH Something Special
                          81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                          80 LG Black Magic
                          78 E Standard Practice

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                          For those on FB

Comment

This was a couple of weeks ago... before the rainy season began.

81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                            80 LG Black Magic
                            78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                            For those on FB

Comment

Working...
                            X