California Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Rally

Even though I decided not to do it again, is anyone up for a CaliRally? Mid July or so?
    "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

FYI Colorado rally is July 15 - 18.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Thanks...We don't want to stretch Jerry too much. But Colorado would be a nice ride from here....

Comment

You had mentioned the middle of July and since Colorado is pretty close to you it probably wouldn't be a good idea to overlap.

Wasn't sure if you knew or not.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Maybe we can pick a day in the middle and switch camps. Only about 1100 miles or so....

Comment

You know what I mean.
            Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Rally

Howdy LoHo,,long time,, a bunch of us are heading up to the Colo.Rally in july so this summer might be stretching it but next summer is definately doable for a lot of us. However, if one was to do a rally in August before school starts that could work for me. Hope your school year is flowing along,,,summer is coming. Hope the Bxxxtch bike is running good for you and see you soon, Mike in SUn DIego
              mike
              1982 xj1100 maxim
              1981 venture bagger
              1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
              1959 wife

Comment

One of these days, John and I are going to make it out that way.
                I was just telling him I need to get my cousin to keep a bike for me at her place in Long Beach. lol

Hey! Any of you west coasters heard from Ed lately? He hasn't posted on Facebook in a long time. I'm a bit concerned.
                81 SH Something Special
                81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                80 LG Black Magic
                78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                For those on FB

Comment

Just the thought of riding cross country through Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada in the middle of July makes me ... ummm.. Nope.

One of these days, I'm going to get out to Cali and ride up the coast, but it won't be in July or August. lol.
                  Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                  '06 Suzuki DR650
                  *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                  '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                  '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                  '81 XS1100 Special
                  '81 YZ250
                  '80 XS850 Special
                  '80 XR100
                  *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

No doubt! Death Valley in July.
                    Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

I can see the waves of heat shimmering in the distance on those desert roads in July ...air so dry it will suck the water right out of you...driven across Death Valley in the summer...would never ever do it on a bike at that time of year...Its so hot you'd be fartin' dust...
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                        Its so hot you'd be fartin' dust...

Kinda like old people, eh, Ben? lol.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                        '06 Suzuki DR650
                        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                        '81 XS1100 Special
                        '81 YZ250
                        '80 XS850 Special
                        '80 XR100

Comment

Yeppers you whippersnapper.... I do alot of fartin' but it aint dusty ha ha
                          1980 XS650G Special-Two
                          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

You should be far enough north on 40 to be ok. If you take 20 you drop into hell about fort Stockton tx.
                            81 LH in process
                            09 vstar 1300
                            only allowed 2

Comment

lol.. A couple hundred miles north and a couple of degrees difference isn't nearly far enough to make July/August riding any less awful. At least down on I10/20, you get to go 90-100mph with speed limits of 85. A lot of I-40 is 55-65mph, and I've been pulled over twice for doing 5 over. If you aren't doing 100 down on I10/20, you better be in the slow lane!

Current bikes:
                              '06 Suzuki DR650
                              '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                              '81 XS1100 Special
                              '81 YZ250
                              '80 XS850 Special
                              '80 XR100