Snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow

I think us guys up here in the Northeast will be riding around June up here. We have 5 inches on the ground in Upstate Ny.
    79 XS11SF

Originally posted by dbmb0416 View Post
    I think us guys up here in the Northeast will be riding around June up here. We have 5 inches on the ground in Upstate Ny.
    Hello my friend.! Little snow, won't last long.You haven't been riding yet ,we've had some nice days.You gotta get out there.! Be safe. Be warm soon.!
    1980xs1100.sg Pacifica Fairing ..stock.
    2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100.! ⛺

Comment

I'm always extra careful at the beginning of the riding season. Around here they sometimes use sand on the roads in the winter, and even after the snow is gone that sand can hang around for quite a while. DGXSER found that out the hard way when he totalled Thunderstruck about six years ago. It can make the twisties mighty slippery. JAT
      I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

They use sand here as well in the rare times it freezes. Does make for some interesting riding at times.
        Luckily, our winter was pretty well nonexistent.
        81 here and sunny now.
        Sending you warm thoughts until you get the real thing.
        81 SH Something Special
        81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
        81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
        80 LG Black Magic
        78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
        For those on FB

Comment

No riding yet. She's all ready to go except oil change. Oil and filters ready. My MSF class isn't till end of April so can't ride till May 2nd by myself.
          79 XS11SF

Comment

Oh wow! So the XS is your first bike?

Welcome aboard!
            81 SH Something Special
            81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
            81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
            80 LG Black Magic
            78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
            For those on FB

Comment

Snow

Not even close to riding up here. 3 inches of snow on Saturday, 8 inches on monday and 8 more expected today. Minus 10 outside right now.
              mack
              79 XS 1100 SF Special
              HERMES
              original owner
              http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps6932d5df.jpg

81 XS 1100 LH MNS
              SPICA
              http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad305/mack-055/2.jpg

78 XS 11E
              IOTA
              https://youtu.be/wB5Jfbp6SUc
              https://youtu.be/RaI3WYHSuWA

Have recovery trailer and shop if you breakdown in my area.
              Frankford, Ont, Canada
              613-398-6186

Comment

Yes first bike. Got 450 miles on her last year.
                79 XS11SF

Comment

Originally posted by mack View Post
                  Not even close to riding up here. 3 inches of snow on Saturday, 8 inches on monday and 8 more expected today. Minus 10 outside right now.
                  Since March rode 700 miles,temps averaged 45 degrees to 60.Not this week though. Next week better weather again...
                  1980xs1100.sg Pacifica Fairing ..stock.
                  2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100.! ⛺

Comment

Welcome dbmb0416

riding is the greatest thing. (in My humble opinion)

just remember, the bike will do what you tell it to.
                    so don't fear your motorcycle.

It's every other driver out on the road that you should fear.
                    They ARE trying to kill you.

and the first time you forget that, is when one will hit you.

now...

go out and enjoy the ride... ?

stay alive, stay cautions of cages.
                    1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.

2012 FJR1300 Gen 2. Heli bar risers, R-gaza crash bars, mccruise cruise control.

(2)2008 WR250R. Because kids outgrew others.

2007 Suzuki V-Strom 1000. (Just added 2024) pre-crashed.

1975 Kawasaki S1 250. My first bike. Still have it. NO I'm not selling it!!

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Comment

stay alive, stay cautions of cages.
                      Reminds me of what they used to say in Jump School - "Stay alert, stay alive."

I couldn't agree with you more. I stay as far away from the cages as I can get. I never ride in their blind spot, and I pay particular attention to cages up ahead that are setting up to turn left in front of me, or the ones that are preparing to come out of a side street to cut me off. I'm always looking for my "outs" 'cause they WILL do it.
                      I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Working...
                      X