Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An invitation...

Just putting this out here...
    It's come to my attention that some here think John and I have faded from the XS community. Not so, life gets busy and priorities are set.
    With that being said... We are still around and our doors (garage and home) are always open to those riding through the DFW area.
    I know there have been plenty of stories being told and eventually, I'd like to hear a few. I'm always up for a good laugh or horror story.

Of course, there are always a few exceptions but they won't mind
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

I don't know about fading out. All our lives take different directions sometimes. I know after hosting many rallies, it might seem you have "fallen off the radar". I know the rallies took a lot of time and out of pocket expenses but yall were very gracious. Not sure if you neighbors appreciated it but I guess they have gotten over it, or not. While not amusing to John, I do remember him trying to keep about 200 sq.ft. of Harbor Freight tarps up in a 15mph breeze. A valiant effort was given, but the wind won out and shade had to found elsewhere. Another rally was pelted with incessant rain. Nothing like 20+ XS'ers trying to stay dry in your already crowed garage and work on 3-4 bikes at the same time. Patience was in short supply (as was spark to two of my cylinders) but everyone made the best of it. It was amazing to see a XS show up, in boxes, on a trailer and leave a running bike. Not bad for a couple of days work.
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Thanks! That sounds like a good excuse for a ride. I know I will be heading north sometime this summer and will be sure to coordinate a stop by for a story or two.

John
      John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
      '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
      Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

It would be great to get back into things again. Our youngest graduates this year and we actually have adult time. WooHoo! lol
        The summer will be touch and go since we have started our retirement plans and have a bike and RV in Maine now. No more Texas summers!

It would be great to see y'all again! Just give us a shout.
        81 SH Something Special
        81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
        80 LG Black Magic
        78 E Standard Practice

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
        For those on FB

Comment

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
          Thanks! That sounds like a good excuse for a ride. I know I will be heading north sometime this summer and will be sure to coordinate a stop by for a story or two.

John
          [ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!
          There goes the neighborhood, again.
          When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Where about in Maine? SWMBO are talking about a road trip this year up to Prince Edward Island, very tentative at this point but we would really like to get into the area again. I was last in Maine in 1999! Maybe a Maine Rally?

Retirement plans on our radar as well, have 7 acres in central Colorado we have been improving since 2013. RV only at this point but have plans for the future.

Working the lot does cut into riding time as we spend a lot of weekends there but it is worth it. Above photo taken in the fall of '14 after I put in the driveway.
            Jerry Fields
            '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
            '06 Concours
            My Galleries Page.
            My Blog Page.
            "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Originally posted by webbcraft2150 View Post
              [ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!
              There goes the neighborhood, again.
              Ha! The neighbors are just waiting for another chance to have the local police give us another safety lecture.

Jerry - we'll be in the south central part of the state. We have something very similar to your situation. Start with the basics and gradually expand from there. We have some great friends there who have really opened up some awesome opportunities we never thought we'd have. It's been fun getting it together.
              Let us know if you head that way!
              81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
              80 LG Black Magic
              78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
              For those on FB

Comment

Working...
              X