No announcement yet.

Reply to craigslist ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's an abundance of these morons on some of the facebook XS pages I've seen.

They can take a perfectly good motorcycle and turn it into an unridable death trap until it finally ends up a parts bike.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by bikerphil View Post
      ....I am SO SICK AND TIRED of seeing all .....
      BikerPhil,
      LOVE the post, I scour CL daily looing for XS11 JUNK in my area I can use for parts to support my three XS11's. I see all the CRAP you mentioned BUT I think you missed one or two more.......

Seventh: Don't tell me that it ONLY NEEDS THIS $20 part or THAT "Minor Adjustment". Also, don't tell me you just don't have the time to finish this and it will only take $50 to get it on the road. If it's that ^$%#*# easy to fix it, WHY ISN'T it done? BECAUSE, you have no (*$^&%# idea what the &%%^$& you are talking about you *&$)%*^ idiot!

Eighth: Don't tell me how much you have "INVESTED" in the bike. With very rare exceptions, bikes are NOT INVESTMENTS you have SPENT too much on crap and want me to bail your dumb butt out? You're an idiot.

----------

Just an FYI. Two of my three XS11's were failed BOOBER/Café projects I purchased for $300 ea. The third was a beat up example of a well used 11 but it did "START" I OVERPAID for that one at $500. All the sellers claimed the bikes only needed these couple items to be good to go. Here's the Tally..

$300 - DUCK - Total: $2,291.74 Daily Driver-able
      $500 - Mayberry -Total:$1,796.79 Bagger Runs & Drives Decently Basically done once the bags are on.
      $300 - Dead Duck - Total: $1,218.10 - "Modified" XS11 Not really a Café - Running...more work ahead.
      All to-date prices include the purchase price.

Respectfully,
      KURT
      Kurt Boehringer
      Peachtree City, Georgia

1970 - CT70K0 - Mini-Trail
      1978 - SR500 - Thumper
      1979 - CT70H - Mini-Trail
      1979 - XS1100SF - Pensacola
      1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
      1980 - XS1100SG - The Ugly Duck
      1980 - XS1100SG - Mayberry Duck
      1981 - XS1100SH - DEAD Duck Cafe'
      1981 - XJ550 Maxim - Nancy's Mini-Max
      1982 - XJ650 SECA - Hurricane
      1986 - FJ1200 - Georgia Big Red
      1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
      2016 - FJR1300A - Montgomery

Comment

Here's my Special. I've kept it unmolested for 33 years now. All bets are off after I'm dead.

Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

a more enjoyable posting

http://i.imgur.com/HTNgWtS.png
          I have a bike and I am not afraid to use it

Comment

Duuuuuuude........somebody down there in South Texas better snatch that up!
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Crack Me Up!!+1.....Bikerphil...
              Last edited by tomcos67; 04-11-2016, 06:45 PM.
              1980xs1100.sg Pacifica Fairing ..stock.
              2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100.! ⛺

Comment

good ones go fast

Greg
                That bike was in my garage in less than 24 hrs. The book was numbered and signed by Karla, so was nice to get that included.
                I have a bike and I am not afraid to use it

Comment

Ouch............
                  79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
                  80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
                  80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
                  79 DT 100

Comment

Working...
                  X