No announcement yet.

Rock Auto.... I LOVE 'EM - Saved $200!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Auto.... I LOVE 'EM - Saved $200!

XS Guys,
    Due to the multiple XS11's I've been falling down on my responsibilities to my fleet of daily driver Honda Accords (Currently 4 - 03, 07, 12, 12). I placed a nice big order for misc. maintenance items. Everything showed yesterday.... Just in time for the weekend.

Unfortunately, today is time for some maintenance of non-XS11's and a few Honey-Do items this weekend. I would assume MOST of the folks around here are familiar with RockAuto? For those not familiar, they are a GREAT source of car parts and even stock a little bit for our bikes (plugs, oil filters).

Wanted to share the $200 I saved this week.....

If you don't know these guys.... Time to find 'em! LOOK AT THOSE CABIN & AIR FILTER PRICE DIFFERENCES!!!

Sincerely,
    KURT
    Kurt Boehringer
    Peachtree City, Georgia

1970 - CT70K0 - Mini-Trail
    1978 - SR500 - Thumper
    1979 - CT70H - Mini-Trail
    1979 - XS1100SF - Pensacola
    1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
    1980 - XS1100SG - The Ugly Duck
    1980 - XS1100SG - Mayberry Duck
    1981 - XS1100SH - DEAD Duck Cafe'
    1981 - XJ550 Maxim - Nancy's Mini-Max
    1982 - XJ650 SECA - Hurricane
    1986 - FJ1200 - Georgia Big Red
    1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
    2016 - FJR1300A - Montgomery

Been shopping there for the past few years, great source and a real navigable site.
    I also am just finishing up some way over due maintainence on our Jeep Liberty, water pump, overflow tank to heater hose, power steering pressure hose, crankcase breather hoses, K&N air filter, spark plugs and all the little stuff that matters.
    One spark plug arrived cracked in half and through the EZ PZ return/refund process they asked me if the package had the Rock Auto packing tape on it and it didn't. It was repacked by Fed Ex very loosely and the plugs were rolling around in the oversized box they sent

Rock Auto promptly made good on a refund without having me send them the broken plug.
    1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
    1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
    1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
    1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
    1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

Originally posted by kboehringer View Post
      XS Guys,
      Due to the multiple XS11's I've been falling down on my responsibilities to my fleet of daily driver Honda Accords (Currently 4 - 03, 07, 12, 12). I placed a nice big order for misc. maintenance items. Everything showed yesterday.... Just in time for the weekend.

Unfortunately, today is time for some maintenance of non-XS11's and a few Honey-Do items this weekend. I would assume MOST of the folks around here are familiar with RockAuto? For those not familiar, they are a GREAT source of car parts and even stock a little bit for our bikes (plugs, oil filters).

Wanted to share the $200 I saved this week.....

If you don't know these guys.... Time to find 'em! LOOK AT THOSE CABIN & AIR FILTER PRICE DIFFERENCES!!!

Sincerely,
      KURT
      Went to their site and couldn't pull up an XS1100
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
        Went to their site and couldn't pull up an XS1100
        Greg,
        They tried to have a motorcycle section a year or two ago but must have given up on it.

If you know the MFR. Part # (i.e. plug# BP6ES, filter# 24933 etc.) just put it in the search by item number and it will come up with multiple options and show in the description "Yamaha Motorcycles".

Kurt
        Kurt Boehringer
        Peachtree City, Georgia

1978 - SR500 - Thumper
        1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
        1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis

Comment

Ahhhhhh........OK
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

T/A Club Discount

Hi Kurt,

What is the T/A Club discount?
            1981 XS1100H Venturer
            K&N Air Filter
            ACCT
            Custom Paint by Deitz
            Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
            Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
            Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
            Stebel Nautilus Horn
            EBC Front Rotors
            Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

I do shop at Rock Auto periodically, but the place that has become my go-to for auto parts is Amazon. They're usually about half the price for the same parts at my local O'Reilly's, and shipping is usually free and usually there's no sales tax. Every once in a while Rock Auto beats them on price, but Amazon is definitely worth checking.

They handle some XS11 parts too. Just as an example you can get 4 NGK BP6ES and an oil filter for $22.07 and free shipping. Or you can get a complete set of kevlar carbon fiber brake pads - front and rear - for $15.53 and free shipping. Definitely worth a look.
              I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Transamcountry.com - RockAuto Discount Code

Originally posted by MPittma100 View Post
                Hi Kurt,
                What is the T/A Club discount?
                Hey Mike!
                Sorry, I should have mentioned that.....forgot it was on the spreadsheet.

I'm also a member or an online forum/club for TransAm owners. RockAuto is a "member" and posts a discount number in their forum area where they also respond to questions & etc. The discount is 5% off the purchase price. When placing an order, enter the discount code in the "How did you hear about us" box. They update the code every couple of months usually a day or so before the current code expires.

FYI......The TransAm site is operated very much like XS11.com. Anyone can visit and read but only members can post to anything so anyone can get the code(s). There are restrictions on sale & wanted ads for NEWBIE MEMBERS but everything else is basically the same as here. Here is a link to their forum area. I can't imagine they'd give a hoot...THAT IS WHERE YOU HEARD ABOUT THEM!

http://transamcountry.com/community/...?topic=72689.0

5% Discount Code: DFFD47DB1BF068
                Expires: May 17, 2016

"Please enter this code in the ‘How Did You Hear about Us’ box to receive discount. Please enter ONLY the discount code, no other words or numbers. Please note that orders using discount codes must be placed online and the discount code must be entered before an order is submitted to receive the discount"

Sincerely,
                KURT
                Kurt Boehringer
                Peachtree City, Georgia

1978 - SR500 - Thumper
                1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
                1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis

Comment

Another option is Advance Auto Parts. You can order online and choose in-store pickup from the store that has the stock. When you do this, you can use online coupon codes, which can often result in huge discounts, no shipping and same-day pickup.

I've saved quite a bit beyond Rock Auto on things like suspension parts, brake parts, a torque converter, etc, and if the part doesn't work out, I can take it back to the local Advance Auto Parts.

I used to order a lot from Rock Auto, but everything I've needed lately has been similarly priced or cheaper through Amazon or AAP using a coupon code.

Something I don't like so much about Rock Auto is they expose their warehouse selection for shipping, which for some reason feels like I'm getting screwed over with shipping costs, but that may have changed since I've ordered last. Some people might like that, though to get a better idea when items might separately arrive and have some control over it.
                  82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
                  Website/Blog

Comment

Thanks for all the info.!!!
                    1980xs1100.sg Pacifica Fairing ..stock.
                    2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100.! ⛺

Comment

I use RA a lot for things like filters, belts, bulbs and belts. Have to weigh shipping costs to savings. Most of the time it's worth it. Watch out for items and the warranties. Lifetime warranty on a alternator from RA means you have to go to the manufacturer to get it resolved. Big pain. I use Advance Auto almost exclusively to items like shocks, water pumps, alternators, ect that have lifetime warranties. There warranty are good nationwide so if a covered part like a coil pack (mine) craps out in NoRain Texas and they have a store and the part, they will warranty it. AA online works good for me. I play with there discount codes (P20, P30) and can score some decent discounts. I order up and drive down and pick my stuff up.
                      When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

I bought replacement fog lights and replacement headlights for our 2001 Sebring from Rock Auto, and the parts were identical to the OEM.

Great prices.
                        -Mike
                        _________
                        '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
                        '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
                        '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
                        '79 XS750SF 17k miles
                        '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
                        '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
                        '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Working...
                        X