Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Forum

helo everyone ...........

I have Quite an interisting storey on my NEW xs ........ the bike usto be my fathers , he bought her BRANDD new back in 78 ....... he drove it up until i was bourn in 85, he parked the bike and she has sat ever since . it has the macho maroon colour Full ferrings with 8 track and all the nifty addons including saddle bags ect ect. i have made a decision to RESSURECT the bike from the dead and breath life into it again .... i hate seeing things go to waste. i dont know a THING about bikes but i am VERRY VERRY interested in them. stublming into this forum i new all of you would give me a great ammount of help. so i am basicly left in the dark with a REALLY nice bike , totally clueless as to where i should start , or look into to see if it is worth the time . now i got another Project to juggle arround with ! WOHOO!! LoL

Project Xs

Zen and XS11 Projects

Welcome to the forum... and XS1100 ownership. This can be a roller coaster of elation, relief, despair and absolute fantastic adrenalin rush of riding the beastie.

My advice would be to first check out the Tech Tips area of this site, I think (somebody will help me out if I'm wrong here) there is one with a title something like "What to look out for when buying an XS11" bit. Although you are not buying, this one and the other articles will give you a feel for what you need to look over. A Clymer manual is available and highly recommended so - like everyone in the beginning - you can find out where all the things are and how to get to them.

Once you've had time to digest I'm sure you'll have a few questions....but guys here are helpful and even didn't poke too much fun at me when I turned up here about 18 months ago with a classic "How do I..." question.

Maybe fill in the member details a little more (with town/state info as it's amazing how many XSer's seem to live close to each other once they start posting on the forum. I'm assuming you are in the US, although theres a few of us in Europe (UK mainly) and Australia. You may get some help in person if someone is in your area and feeling generous!

Good Luck with getting the mighty 11 running
    XS1.1 sport - Sold June 2005 :-(
    Guzzi 850
    Z1000

Comment

Start by reading all the tech tips , then follow with all the off site links, then come back here and start asking questions. BTW - unless you have 8tracks, I would start by unloading that.
      Gary Granger
      Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
      2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

welcome projectXs,

You've stumbled to the right site/forum. Alot of good info here. if you get time post some pics. Sounds like ur dad started a heirloom. I'm still learning ALL the time too about what parts are what,what goes with what. I've found out the only dumb question is the one not asked. Good luck with ur project

Kevin
        "Watchout for the guy behind the guy in front of you"

1980 XS 1100 SG

Comment

Working...
        X