Anyone in the Portland Oregon area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in the Portland Oregon area

Anyone in the Portland Oregon area,I really could use some help right now my bike is stuck on blocks and I can't see any way to get jacked back up. This is my first bike I've ever owned, it was a garage fine and I've been rebuilding it for the last month and a half. So what happened is I jacked it up with a bottle jack and got the front tire off and had blocks under it just in case somehow it slipped and it did that when it slipped and slid backwards and now I can't get my jacket back Under it.
    This is my first bike rebuild and my first real bike.
    79 SF

There are two inventions discovered by man, an inclined plane and a lever, try the latter to raise the bike til the jack fits GL
    1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
    1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
    1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
    1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
    1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

This is what it's like

79 SF

Comment

Originally posted by PDXstylisy View Post
        Anyone in the Portland Oregon area,I really could use some help right now my bike is stuck on blocks and I can't see any way to get jacked back up. This is my first bike I've ever owned, it was a garage fine and I've been rebuilding it for the last month and a half. So what happened is I jacked it up with a bottle jack and got the front tire off and had blocks under it just in case somehow it slipped and it did that when it slipped and slid backwards and now I can't get my jacket back Under it.
        Easy-peasy........rock it backwards on centerstand and block it under the oil filter housing.
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Call a neighbor?
          "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
          1981 LH

Comment

The bike doesn't have a center stand it just has a kickstand.can you guys tell me where are the safe points on the bike that I can jack it up from
            79 SF

Comment

Originally posted by PDXstylisy View Post
              The bike doesn't have a center stand it just has a kickstand.can you guys tell me where are the safe points on the bike that I can jack it up from
              With some help keeping it steady, frame or motor is fine.......c'mon, use you imagination.
              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Like I said in my original post this is literally my first motorcycle. I just didn't want to take a chance on damaging the bike I've been working so hard to restore
                79 SF

Comment

you have access to a floor jack and someone to steady the bike? a scissor jack from your car may also be an option. use one side of the frame and have your helper rock it to the side with the jack and kick the blocks from under it.
                  80 XS1100SG (the Lazarus Effect)
                  81 XJ550 bobber (sold)
                  81 XS850 (sold)

Comment

Thank you

Thank you guys all for the advice. I may ask some stupid questions on here now and then as I get this bike finished up but I'd like to say that this form has been a lifesaver and getting my bike put back together. And honestly there is nothing like the sound the first time I fired it up after I rebuilt the carb knowing that I did that.
                    79 SF

Comment

Working...
                    X