electrical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electrical

On my 1100 I wired lights for the side car. In the process, I lost my brake and turn signal lights. I figure it is a flasher or relay, but have not found the problem. Any suggestions would be great.

How did you wire the lights for the sidecar? I used bullet connectors for the signal and spliced into the wires for the brake and parking light. Post a little more info on how you did it.

Have any pics of your sidecar rig?

Pics of my XS11 with Sidecar can be seen here.

Sidecar Album
    Kevin
    '79 XS1100 w/ Sidecar "SOLD"
    [URL=http://webpages.charter.net/kbhahn/sidecar1.html]My Webpage[/URL]

Comment

I don't think it is a fuse because the turn signal has it own seperate from the brake lights. If this is the only thing not working, the only other common I can think of is the connector under the tank. I think the turn signals and brake lights go through one connector which I believe has 8 wires in it. Maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong about this.
      Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Comment

How did you ground the new light fixtures? They should have an external ground wire, not case grounded. Did you use 1156 or 1157 bulbs. The stock configuration for the t/s is an 1156 (single filament) bulb, and an 1157 (dual filament) for the stop/tail light. Do you have tail lights?

Comment

Sorry I did not respond to your postings right away. I got side tracked after reading it. I connected my lights with bullet connectors to a harnes that had been installed @ motorvattion sidecars wen the car was originally installed. All the lights, except the headlight are working now. No intervention was required. This leads me to believe that I have a few loose wire behind the headlight. The lights are grounded to a ground on the bike.
          Most of the problem probably is that whilr I like to tinker, I do not have the same skill level that I read about here, LOL.

Comment

Working...
          X