Joining the site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joining the site

during my usual craigslist search for anything xs1100 related. I came across a need for help with an XS!!00 I contacted and extended my help. The new owner has just acquired a beautiful bike and is looking for help and advise he has been on the site and tried to join even made a donation with no luck.

Jimmy is very excited to get this bike back in business. Any advice on how he can become a member?
    Here is a pix of his bike what a find!
    82 XJ1100J
    81 Venturer
    Newly acquired Aches N Pains collection

Looks like a 78 E. The quickest of the 11s.

http://www.xs11.com/forum/announcement.php?f=7
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Yup. He uses the "Contact Us" link to get ahold of TC. He should provide:

"preferred USERNAME... and Temp Password you want to use; and your bike info/year/model/style:Special/Standard to include in your profile".
      1979 XS1100F
      2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Yes its a E

here's part of an email I got from him

I have tried to join the group but cannot get past the trick question. Would love to show them my bike, fantastic bunch of knowledgeable mechanics! !!
        Are you in the Tristate area?
        I even donated as a tickler to get emailed a contact and nothing yet.

am away till next week and not positive of the SN, built in 77 and the number us 3??, very early build, macho maroon, full Yamaha fairing with bags, 9 8?? miles, one owner (waiting for title trans), cellar stored last tagged 1991.
        Frozen throttle, super rusty tank, frozen brakes with a belt buckle chip in the tank.
        I ride now with the owner or our other bikes and he is very conservative. Good sign for the trsns.
        Helping me in would be great, I will call when I get the sn. Thanks, Jimmy Maddox
        82 XJ1100J
        81 Venturer
        Newly acquired Aches N Pains collection

Comment

What trick question? Here's the contact link.

http://www.xs11.com/forum/sendmessage.php
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

He might be trying to join the Australian site. They have a trick question on their registation page.
            Nathan
            KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
            K&N Filter
            #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
            OEM Exhaust
            ATK Fork Brace
            LED Dash lights
            Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
            SS Brake Lines
            Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

OK. Here's the link for THIS site.

http://www.xs11.com/index.php
              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

It's been a while since I looked at the site's system for when folks COULD self register, and it may have had a CAPTCHA type prompt, but it's all MOOT now, because SELF registration has been shut down for a few years now. That's why I posted the HOW TO GET REGISTERED ANNOUNCEMENT at the top of every forum page, which as folks have stated, the applicant just needs to scroll down and click on the CONTACT US link, and then fill out the email type form with the requested info, and it will be forwarded to me via the site's admin email account. Then I'll get him registered, and reply via same email when it's ready for use, usually in 1 day.

T.C.
                T. C. Gresham
                81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                History shows again and again,
                How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
                X