Another Addition to the Stable: '02 Triumph Daytona 955i Centennial Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Addition to the Stable: '02 Triumph Daytona 955i Centennial Edition

Couldn't resist. 5,000 miles on it. $3,200. Came with bags, and extra goodies. Pics when I pick the bike up.
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Hmmmm.... Like this?

I couldn't wait. The anticipation is killing me!
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

Yup, but aftermarket Wolf underseat exhaust. And, the green is darker than that. I don't want to post pics till I buff some scratches out from the bags, and get some wax on her.
      Last edited by IanDMacDonald; 02-08-2016, 07:17 PM.
      1979 XS1100F
      2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
        Yup, but aftermarket Wolf underseat exhaust. And, the green is darker than that. I don't want to post pics till I buff some scratches out from the bags, and get some wax on her.
        Hi Ian,
        Uhm Under seat exhaust to keep your bum toasty on those long rides in the cold Looks like a rocket ship. I know I would need more padding than that seat offers for touring....but maybe you are tougher than me
        Phil
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
          Hi Ian,
          Uhm Under seat exhaust to keep your bum toasty on those long rides in the cold Looks like a rocket ship. I know I would need more padding than that seat offers for touring....but maybe you are tougher than me
          Phil
          not only that seat but those handlebars too...thats alot of forward lean...emphasis more on sport than tour...not my cup of tea but i do hear they are a bitchin' bike to ride...triples have alot of soul and sound...
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Awesome bike...I'm looking at pulling the trigger on a used ST. Love Triumphs
            81 H "Traumaha"
            06 KLR 650
            06 Katana 600 (Sold)
            05 Star 1100 (Sold)
            78 GS1000 Cafe (Traded for a Chrysler 68 Newport)
            79 RD400 (Stolen)
            78 KE175
            Schwinn Tricycle red (with a loud bell)

Comment

The bike actually has LSL risers, so the clip-on's have been deleted in-favor of 7/8" Euro bars. The ergonomics feels just right.
              1979 XS1100F

Comment

Nice acquisition. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.

Here's my 995. Just love it. Bought it new. Now has 28,000+ miles. Only maintenance things i've done were tires, oil & filter, chain plus I wanted more "sport" stiffness so I put stiffer springs in the forks. A very very reliable and trouble free machine. Plus MPG is quite amazing. Riding aggressive idiot it gets 45mpg, riding brisk hard sport its 50mpg. Triumph triple just a 'blast' to ride. Gearing great and gear box real short (ducati like, well almost) stroke. is Just about all 28,000 miles were on the twisties in north Georgia, Tenn, SC & western NC. This thing rips.

Spins up quick to 60+mph in 1st gear. 2nd gear goes beyond any usa speed limits. That leaves 4 more gears to play with.
                Do lean forward "a lot". Not the style for everyone. If you got a gut its going to be laying on the tank.
                However, saddle is very comfortable and riding position not awkward, but a lot of people just dont fit with knees kinked up and pressure on arms.

Oh, btw: got Michelins on there now and they are just awful. Terrible
                OEM was BattleAx which were great. But tire manufacturing changes so finding a tire that works might be interesting.
                Do know 2015 Michelins not good on this thing. But I ride this 995ST 100% in major curvy area.

Jeff
                78' XS1100 E
                78' XS1100 E
                78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
                  Nice acquisition. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.

Here's my 995. Just love it. Bought it new. Now has 28,000+ miles. Only maintenance things i've done were tires, oil & filter, chain plus I wanted more "sport" stiffness so I put stiffer springs in the forks. A very very reliable and trouble free machine. Plus MPG is quite amazing. Riding aggressive idiot it gets 45mpg, riding brisk hard sport its 50mpg. Triumph triple just a 'blast' to ride. Gearing great and gear box real short (ducati like, well almost) stroke. is Just about all 28,000 miles were on the twisties in north Georgia, Tenn, SC & western NC. This thing rips.

Spins up quick to 60+mph in 1st gear. 2nd gear goes beyond any usa speed limits. That leaves 4 more gears to play with.
                  Do lean forward "a lot". Not the style for everyone. If you got a gut its going to be laying on the tank.
                  However, saddle is very comfortable and riding position not awkward, but a lot of people just dont fit with knees kinked up and pressure on arms.

Oh, btw: got Michelins on there now and they are just awful. Terrible
                  OEM was BattleAx which were great. But tire manufacturing changes so finding a tire that works might be interesting.
                  Do know 2015 Michelins not good on this thing. But I ride this 995ST 100% in major curvy area.

Jeff
                  Wow, Jeff! Sweet bike!

Surprised how Michelin's DON'T work on your Triumph, and STONES do??
                  Wow... it's exactly the opposite on a Kawasaki C14!

The Connie comes stock w/ BT-016 Battleaxe's. The rear tire is a 190-50ZR17.
                  The very FIRST change a Connie owner makes is to ditch the 'stones and install the Michelin PR4's. Most of us, (myself included,) switch to a 190-55ZR17 rear.

Massive improvement in handling, doing that.

That's interesting... just goes to show... different tire brands perform differently on different bikes! Can't judge a tire by it's carcass, I guess!

I average around 12,000 miles w/ Michelin's (PR2's.) They've stopped making the 2 in a 55 rear, though... which stinks! I currently have a set of PR4GT's on, and have 6500 miles on this set. They claim to give 20% increased treadlife, but not looking like I'll get more than 7500 miles on them, even though I've ridden easier on this set than any before. The Michelin PR4GT is an outstanding performer in the handling and wet department, though... (at least they are on a Connie! LOL...)

Beautiful bike, Jeff!

Here's a a couple of recent pics of mine...

Ride Safe.
                  Bob
                  Last edited by XJOK2PLAY; 02-10-2016, 07:40 AM.
                  '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                  "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Congrats, Ian on your new bike!

Looking forward to seeing the pics soon!

Those triples are a blast to ride.

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

Comment

Thanks Bob! We got a few inches of snow overnight yesterday, so I'd rather be cautious and let the road commission and City get the roads clear and dry, so I have absolutely no issues trailing it home tomorrow, otherwise I would have grabbed it already.

Over the past few years, I have spent a great sum on waxes, polishes, rubbing/polishing compound, etc., and each year I give it away, including some expensive 3M stuff I bought for the Yammy post-paint job. I gotta get to Wally world and get some polishing/rubbing compound to buff-out some of the scuffs from the bags.

With the weather being low double-digits, my polishing may not happen so quickly. So, the pics may not be for another few weeks. Plus, I gotta find a way to hide this purchase from my girlfriend, who will definitely not be happy I bought ANOTHER bike. I know I'm close to 30 bikes at this point . . .
                      1979 XS1100F

Comment

30 bikes? Wow!!

You really think she'd notice 1 more? Lol!

That's cool, dude!
                        You can definitely say when it comes to bikes, you r XSive!

We've been fortunate not having bad weather this year, so far.
                        Last 2 days, it's been in the 40's, but 40-50 mph straight winds outta the north!
                        Finally calmed down today, and warmed back into the 60's.
                        (Not trying to intentionally rub it in... )

Surely riding season's coming soon...?

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

Comment

Surely! Blessed I am to be living in the Southern half of Michigan, and away from the Great Lakes, so I don't get the lake effect snow, nor the Upper Peninsula snow that echoes Canada. But, it's only February, so our riding season won't begin till late April, Early May. I do keep insurance on the XS11 year-round though. Only bike that gets the special treatment
                          1979 XS1100F

Comment

Shopping List Complete!

Over $1k in stuff I bought for her. Ended-up getting some cheap Shinko Ravens for it, as I've spent too much money lately on tires, including $700 on some Michelin Defenders for my car (90,000 mile warranty).

Lemme see:

Skyking frame sliders (front and rear)
                            SSSA Pitbull front & rear stands
                            Fuel Bot 2.0
                            Voltmeter
                            Ciggarette lighter 12v
                            SH847 R/R (newest R/R available)
                            LED gauge lights
                            LED tail light
                            Relays
                            Posi-Taps
                            Shinko Raven 009 tires (dropping to a 180 in the rear)
                            SW-Motech centerstand

Gonna get the tires mounted/balanced @ $30/tire next week, then start from the bottom, up. Starting with a coolant flush.

It'll be time to get the bikes running in a few weeks.
                            1979 XS1100F

Comment

Still watching for pictures...

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

Comment

Working...
                              X